Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clutch pedal getting harder to push
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brando
Adjusted the cable once this month already. Now the clutch pedal is getting harder to push in. So, almost clutch season?
redshift
huh.gif

Worth looking a little deeper... as I recall, losing a clutch gets easier. I have stayed ahead of failure since maybe '87 though.. but it worked fine, then started skimming, instead of hooking up. Maybe been through 3 complete failures, I don't remember it getting stiff, then dying.

unsure.gif

M
aircooledboy
When I had an increasingly stiff pedal (only thing that gets increasingly stiff as I get older w00t.gif ), I pulled the trans and found that clutch dust had dirtied up the little bit of grease on inside diameter of the throw out bearing to the point that there simply was no lubrication going on there anymore.

There is a small groove inside the throw out that is meant to be filled with a high temp bearing grease to help the bearing slide up and down the tube around the input shaft. I learned all this stuff from Brad Mayeur, BTW. Greased it as Brad suggested, and it has been smooth ever since, even with a stiff KEP pressure plate.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.