Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 76 on FB in NJ $5200, not mine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
mikea100
https://www.facebook.com/groups/50312311986...497199313789477

Anybody knows this car?

I know that it's difficult to opine w/o looking at the problematic areas - hell hole, longs, floor pans etc., but nevertheless any thoughts?
MCShack
QUOTE(mikea100 @ Jun 14 2023, 11:06 AM) *

https://www.facebook.com/groups/50312311986...497199313789477

Anybody knows this car?

I know that it's difficult to opine w/o looking at the problematic areas - hell hole, longs, floor pans etc., but nevertheless any thoughts?

I do not, but this is in the 914World VIN database:

Seen 2/15/19 on The Samba
"Chassis# 4762903116 Engine# GC003257 Paint Code: L97 A Diamond Silver Metallic (special Order)

A 1976 Porsche 914 2.0 Coupe, 5 Speed. Black with a black interior but the original color is special order Diamond silver metallic. Could use a paint job.
The interior is in good shape, including glass and Targa top.
A very straight body, no signs of accident. Some rust underneath.
The car does not run, but the engine turns over freely by hand. An excellent late car needing a straightforward restoration.

Being a 1976 model means that it features all of the improvements made over the running life of the car such as the improved side shifter, 2.0 liter motor, relocated fuel pump, etc.
Any questions welcome.
Please message or call Frank Sajjad at 2166452100.
mikea100
Found listing here
https://classiccarsbay.com/for-sale-1976-po...land-ohio-27028

Unfortunately, it doesn't have the date when it was published.

One note though, mileage reads same 59,594 as in FB after many years, so likely not working.

Also, looks like MB Vintage Cars sells a lot of resto candidates
https://mbvintagecars.com/recently-sold/
MCShack
The ad says "Not Running" and "Unrestored" so who knows what could be going on... or not. There is a phone number to call or message the sellers, but it appears to be a current advertisement to sell the car.
914rrr
MB Vintage Cars lists a lot of P Cars on The Samba. They also post ads for cars to buy / flip.
second wind
There is mention of a "later model with improved side shifter".....what is an improved side shifter mean? I have a '73 2.0.....do I want to "upgrade" my shifter? How do you do it if it is indeed possible? Thank you very much.
gg
mepstein
QUOTE(second wind @ Jun 18 2023, 02:21 PM) *

There is mention of a "later model with improved side shifter".....what is an improved side shifter mean? I have a '73 2.0.....do I want to "upgrade" my shifter? How do you do it if it is indeed possible? Thank you very much.
gg

It’s an improvement over a tail shifter.
second wind
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jun 18 2023, 01:06 PM) *

gg

Ok....itis all how you read it...I get it now. So to sum up there is no true "upgrade" to an existing side shifter other than replacing the bushings on occasion? Thank you very much.
gg
mepstein
QUOTE(second wind @ Jun 20 2023, 02:58 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Jun 18 2023, 01:06 PM) *

gg

Ok....itis all how you read it...I get it now. So to sum up there is no true "upgrade" to an existing side shifter other than replacing the bushings on occasion? Thank you very much.
gg

Tangerine racing makes an improved bushing, shaft, console kit. It’s definitely an improvement over stock. I also think the JWest shifter is an improvement over stock.
The trans also needs to be in good shape. The shifting is only as good as its weakest link.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.