Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wiring msd6al to 74s 6 engine?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mate914
Can some one point me to the wiring setup for a 74 911s dizzy with points and MSD 6al ignition? Thankyou,
Matt flag.gif
Robarabian
I run a 6AL in my 2.7. PM me your email and I can take some photos and send them to you.

Rob
Bullethead

Here's a PDF https://documents.holley.com/6425.pdf
mlindner
On my 74 914 with a 2.2L six with MSD and points, I purchased a wiring harness from Perry Kiehl. Not only did he build a great harness but provided an excellent diagram of how to wire it to the car. If you would like a copy PM me you email address and I'll send it to you. Mark PS forgot to mention, mine is for a relay board delete.Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
sportlicherFahrer
However you wire it, be sure to follow the routing instructions at the top of page 5 in the installation procedure. The trigger wires from the distributor to the box are very susceptible to EMI and can cause misfire problems if they are routed with other wires.

"Routing Wires: The MSD wires should be routed away from direct heat sources such as exhaust
manifolds and headers and any sharp edges. The trigger wires should be routed separate from the
other wires and spark plug wires. It is best if they are routed along a ground plane such as the block
or firewall which creates an electrical shield. The magnetic pickup wires should always be routed
separately and should be twisted together to help reduce extraneous interference.
"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.