Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Dremel tools, which one to get
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
neo914-6
I've wanted one of these since I was a kid and now there are choices.

Anyone use the Dremel 400 Series XPR?

Which accessories are needed?

Specs:
NEW Dremel 400 Series XPR high performance rotary tool
Flex Shaft attachment for fine detail work and getting into hard-to-reach places
Circle Cutter attachment for cutting perfect circles in a variety of materials
Lawn Mower and Garden Tool Sharpener attachment sharpens your mower blade and other garden tools to a perfect edge
NEW XPR Storage Case for superior attachment and accessory organization and storage that let you take your XPR System anywhere
51 Genuine Dremel accessories with Mini storage cases
Quick Start Book for a quick and easy instructions to get you started with your new rotary tool system
Five year limited warranty
SPECIFICATIONS
Tool Weight..............18.8 oz.
Speeds.....................Variable (5,000-35,000 rpm)
Volts...........................120 AC, 50-60 Hz
Amps.........................2.0
Power Cord..............6'
Warranty....................5 years

sj914
I would get all of the attachments thats in the xpr kit except the lawn mower sharpener. I prefer the reciprocating saw attachment than the lawn mower blade sharpener.

I've used the flex shaft to get in tight spots to take off seam sealer.

ps. If you're really challenged, I've seen plans for a cnc router on Ebay using the dremel as the motor.
chunger
I got a black and decker RTX. I had a dremel when in Architecture school, and it wasn't too cool on the reliability end. I'm not sure about the new ones, but the old ones sure were crap. I used the RTX on various gun modifications, and it has worked very well. . .and accepts dremel bits and has a kit with flexible shaft. That's what I'd get.

-'Chung
JerryP
I have a dremel that is 4 or 5 years old. Its fine for small stuff. I'm looking at getting a new Rotozip(Bosch) as its a bit beefier and can be converted to a plunge router, jigsaw and a bunch of other stuff. The Dremel 400 may be its equivalent; I don't know but mine is good for drywall, sanding, precision work and drilling but weak for cutting wood and tile etc.
meares
i just bought the newest rechargable one.....it's nice!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.