Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FOUND: Two Hole Rubber Grommet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Bullethead
In need of the grommet used at the front bulkhead for the hard fuel lines. Or an alternative if anyone has suggestions.

Odd size that I haven't found using the interwebs, like 15 x 42mm.

Thanks!
914werke
I have a late one.

HERE bye1.gif
1TRICK6
QUOTE(Bullethead @ Jun 16 2023, 03:47 PM) *

In need of the grommet used at the front bulkhead for the hard fuel lines. Or an alternative if anyone has suggestions.

Odd size that I haven't found using the interwebs, like 15 x 42mm.

Thanks!

Try this 914 world vendor
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=110158
Bullethead
QUOTE(914werke @ Jun 16 2023, 07:08 PM) *

I have a late one.

HERE bye1.gif

@914werke this is for a '70 Six, what are the differences from a late version?

Thanks!
914werke
So IIRC the earliest cars used plastic fuel tunnel lines from front to back, but were replaced at some point with lines that the forward-most ends had a formed steel barbed section that poked through the grommet.
Those lines were asymmetrical sized. The pressure side smaller than the return so on the early version of the grommet the hole sizes matched the lines.
It had only 2 holes for the lines since the charcoal evap system & cannister was in the cowl with 2 large vinyl lines running along the drvrs side long & into the the eng bay.
That was changed on the later cars where the charcoal can was moved to the Eng. bay & the 2 vinyl lines were replaced with a single small (4mm) line that also poked through that grommet & now ran down the tunnel into the eng bay.
That change coincided with moving the pump to the front so the lines changed material & became symmetrically sized as did the holes in the grommet.

Click to view attachment
Bullethead
Success... thanks Rich, got an offering from Garold, problem solved. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.