Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT Hong Kong
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Elliot_Cannon
Finally got out of the hotel today to take a few pics and do some shopping. These were taken from Kowloon across Victoria Harbour to Hong Kong.
Cheers, Elliot
Elliot_Cannon
Star Ferry terminal.
redshift
Hong Kong... PHOOEY! smile.gif

That is cool! Besides flying, which is just about the mostest-coolest thing a human can do, you must have really enjoyed your job... with all the travel.

When did you start flying, Elliot, and what were you flying then? I mean all the way back.

M
URY914
There is just something about the phase "I went to Hong Kong and rode a ferry."

Just don't sound good.... sad.gif

Is it always overcast there? Every pic I see it's always gray.

P
redshift
Paul, that is the haze of capitalism.

M
URY914
QUOTE (redshift @ Aug 15 2005, 03:48 AM)
Paul, that is the haze of capitalism.

M

I think it is no EPA and a billion people cooking on open fires.
Joe Bob
Indoor sports Elliot....notice the very phallic building that is prominent in your pics?
Elliot_Cannon
QUOTE (SEEMORE BUTZ @ Aug 15 2005, 06:37 AM)
Indoor sports Elliot....notice the very phallic building that is prominent in your pics?

Attsa greeeat big one ain't it?
Elliot
Elliot_Cannon
I started flying in 1967 in a Cessna 150. Hong kong is hazy because it has water all around it. Beijing on the other hand is just fuching smooogggy! I went to Hong Kong and rode a ferry not a fairy. I'd explain it more but it's 10 pm here Monday night and I gotta get up early. Mombai (yuck) and Dubai (kewl) tomorrow.
Cheers, Elliot
rhodyguy
with 3 days of bad flying weather, i now understand why my crates of bootleg dvds are late.

k
URY914
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Aug 15 2005, 06:20 AM)
with 3 days of bad flying weather, i now understand why my crates of bootleg dvds are late.

k

Auto Atlanta is using the Hong Kong weather excuss also. rolleyes.gif
rhodyguy
plus, i'm waiting for one of type4parts' fancy new cooling shroud. w00t.gif . hi jake chair.gif .

k
grantsfo
QUOTE (Elliot Cannon @ Aug 15 2005, 06:18 AM)
I started flying in 1967 in a Cessna 150. Hong kong is hazy because it has water all around it. Beijing on the other hand is just fuching smooogggy! I went to Hong Kong and rode a ferry not a fairy. I'd explain it more but it's 10 pm here Monday night and I gotta get up early. Mombai (yuck) and Dubai (kewl) tomorrow.
Cheers, Elliot

Hong Kong gets a lot of their smog from the industrial growth in Southern China now. I have been been traveling there for the past 7 years on a fairly regular basis and it sems to me that its become a bigger problem with the growth explosing just across the border.
URY914
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Aug 15 2005, 06:29 AM)
plus, i'm waiting for one of type4parts' fancy new cooling shroud. w00t.gif . hi jake chair.gif .

k

Those are being made at the former Kathy Lee clothing factory. wink.gif

Amazing what they can teach a 8 year old to build.

P
balljoint
Did you take any pics of that "St. Elmo's Fire"?
URY914
QUOTE (balljoint @ Aug 15 2005, 06:50 AM)
Did you take any pics of that "Tickle Me Elmo's Fire"?

WTF? confused24.gif

balljoint
St. Elmo's fire is a plasma (i.e. a hot, ionized gas) that forms arounds the tips of raised, pointed conductors during thunderstorms. It is known as a corona discharge or point discharge to physicists. The few people that have had the privilege of viewing an actual St. Elmo's fire have given various descriptions. It has been seen with different physical characteristics depending on the conditions of the viewing. It could be blue to bluish-white, silent to emitting a hissing sound, and ghostly to solid. Some people belive that the Hindenburg was ignited by St. Elmo's fire in 1937, however this theory has yet to be proven.

Elliott said that he had seen some on the jet in a previous thread.
URY914
QUOTE (balljoint @ Aug 15 2005, 06:56 AM)
St. Elmo's fire is a plasma (i.e. a hot, ionized gas) that forms arounds the tips of raised, pointed conductors during thunderstorms. It is known as a corona discharge or point discharge to physicists. The few people that have had the privilege of viewing an actual St. Elmo's fire have given various descriptions. It has been seen with different physical characteristics depending on the conditions of the viewing. It could be blue to bluish-white, silent to emitting a hissing sound, and ghostly to solid. Some people belive that the Hindenburg was ignited by St. Elmo's fire in 1937, however this theory has yet to be proven.

I understand completely now. idea.gif
balljoint
I know. screwy.gif No coffee this morning. wacko.gif
Jake Raby
Drop by "Mad Dogs" and have one on me!!

I LOVED HONG KONG!!!!!

I was there in 94,95 and 96 before they were taken over! Of all the ports I went into I liked it the best!
john rogers
Do they still have McDonald's everywhere? My favorite one was in Kowloon with the moving track for the customers and the very low and small oriental sized furniture! Also the hobby shop in the ferry terminal that sold those huge live steam model trains! Ah what memories!
Elliot_Cannon
On the way to Dubai. Taken over the Bay of Bengal, half way between Myanmar and the Indian coast.
redshift
Nice office you have there!

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.