Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: looking for FG front and rear decklids
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GrayMatter
Anyone have a recommendation on where to get fiberglass front and rear trunk lids? I would prefer the ones that can bolt to the original hinges. Also, i remember coming across a site a few years ago that sold fiberglass doors for our 914s. Anyone have that link? I can't seem to find them again. May not get the fg doors because I like having side windows. =)

Cheers!
Chris.
Jacques
user posted image There's GT Racing in Colorado, insane prices though. they list a CF bonnet for $786.95. // FG is $478.95

914 Catalog
ArtechnikA
hands down, Getty. GT Racing is still on my list but they're way down; i was not happy with the fit of their RS decklid. the RS front bumper i got from Getty is beautiful, and the guys here that did the big group buy from Getty for CF decklids were very happy with them.

i'm in the market for hood and fenders and don't expect to look farther than Getty.
Thorshammer
Many shops/people have these products. But what you want (standard bolt locations) are not available from everyone. Most make race glass, ie... they do not use the hinges. My list is as follows:

High Performance House
Getty
Gt racing
Air cooled racing (ask for the front and rear lid extra wide, trim to fit) Don't ask me why.

What is also important is the shipping. This can be very expensive. It may be better to buy from a local guy that charges more than a guy not close to you after you pay the shipping.

Erik Madsen
grantsfo
Rennspeed is the cheapest - their quality is ok.

http://www.rennspd.com/
xitspd
ohmy.gif We have a race shop that builds ultra high performance sand toys. 800-1250 (up to 950 w/o NOS on C17) horsepower aluminum small blocks (over 500 CI) that weight under 1850 pounds! The shop fabricates tube frame chassis and composite bodies. I have had molds made off my 914-6 including full quarter panel flares, front & rear hoods, rockers and front & rear spoilers. Freight is an important consideration of the cost associated with composite body parts. I do not ship! I am located in Southern California near Hemet. I will discount product to any 914club member. Email me and I will work with you.

Dan Callicott
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.