Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Formuling horn button
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Porschef
As my horn button hangs on for dear life (I fear every honk may be it’s last) I’m looking for a replacement; I recall some activity on the Samba but it’s all pretty old news.

I stumbled (in typical fashion) on this site, anyone have any experience with this place?

https://www.gryp-3d.com/gb/talbot-talbot/43...ull-finish.html

About $40 is doable, I don’t think there’s an emblem involved tho…

Thanks
emerygt350
Have you checked the screws? The part of the pad that holds on to the wheel has several that come loose.
infraredcalvin
Sub’d, mine disintegrated last year, could use a replacement…
Porschef
QUOTE(emerygt350 @ Jun 23 2023, 11:03 PM) *

Have you checked the screws? The part of the pad that holds on to the wheel has several that come loose.

No, it’s the horn button that has essentially disintegrated. Takes but the gentlest of taps to sound the horn, I’m expecting one day for it to not stop beeping…

IRC, I checked the measurement on the wheel, the 77.5 mm diameter is good. I’m just not sure what material these are made of, the site is not really clear on that. I’d want the horn to function of course… beerchug.gif
Shivers
“Our parts can be made of carbon, ABS, resin…”

I have the same problem.
Porschef
QUOTE(Shivers @ Jun 24 2023, 09:51 AM) *

“Our parts can be made of carbon, ABS, resin…”

I have the same problem.

Yes, it’s rather ambiguous...

So I just went through the purchase procedure to see what came up, unfortunately the shipping went from €6 to €36...that’s about $80 delivered mad.gif

So for kicks I upped it to 3 units, the shipping remained at €36

Group Buy???

infraredcalvin
I’m in, would be nice to get a 3rd…
Porschef
Ok, if I can get their info translated from French it may be a bit more clear. The English option doesn’t seem to work on every page of their site. I’d like to be sure that it’s going to be like what’s shown, black, and flexible so that the horn will work. Something I saw on the Samba was rigid and disabled the beeps…
dr914@autoatlanta.com
all of the original parts are available to tighten it up and in my opinion that is the best option

QUOTE(Porschef @ Jun 23 2023, 10:25 AM) *

As my horn button hangs on for dear life (I fear every honk may be it’s last) I’m looking for a replacement; I recall some activity on the Samba but it’s all pretty old news.

I stumbled (in typical fashion) on this site, anyone have any experience with this place?

https://www.gryp-3d.com/gb/talbot-talbot/43...ull-finish.html

About $40 is doable, I don’t think there’s an emblem involved tho…

Thanks

Porschef
George, I’m only referring to the rubber horn button. Everything else about the wheel is fine.

Here’s a pic for clarity…

Click to view attachment

Porschef
And this is what I’m interested in

Click to view attachment

jim_hoyland
Hmmm;
From their ad:

“studied with meticulousness and reflection. The materials are chosen for their technical and mechanical characteristics. Resistance, durability, quality and aesthetics are among our priorities for your car parts.

Our car spare parts are made in 3D printing on the basis of original parts.

They are made in France in our premises based in Bordeaux.

Our parts can be made of carbon, ABS, resin…

All our 3D reproduced parts with “post-production” finishes are handmade by us and made to measure.

Indeed the delivery time can therefore vary depending on the finishes up to 10 working days.

We do 3D reproduction for all brands, BMW parts, Audi parts, Volkswagen parts, Renault parts, Peugeot parts, Citroën parts and many more.

We sell new automotive trim and fittings, interior or exterior, all over the world.“
Porschef
Exactly Jim, hence my trepidation…

I’d like to contact them but no Sprechen, I mean no hablo, dammit!

No poullez vous Francais
infraredcalvin
I was just in Bordeaux 2 weeks ago…

Ugh, mine looked exactly like yours ( pink Porsche emblem too), I delicately touched it to take it off and it fell apart…
Porschef
QUOTE(infraredcalvin @ Jun 24 2023, 01:34 PM) *

I was just in Bordeaux 2 weeks ago…

Ugh, mine looked exactly like yours ( pink Porsche emblem too), I delicately touched it to take it off and it fell apart…

Dang, who’da thunk. Timing is everything dry.gif

And yeah, the pink emblem is pretty ugly blink.gif

And I’m also reluctant to take it off without a replacement.
Porschef
Pat, sent you a pm
infraredcalvin
I’m in if you decide to move forward…

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.