Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel pump location
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ebradley
Hi, I have a 1974 Porsche 914 2.0 and has low original miles. Owned it 3 years with zero issues. All of sudden won’t start, just turns over and over. This is a dumb question, but where is the fuel pump located?? I can seem to locate it
Thanks for any advice
914Sixer
Under engine shelf on battery side. Should see two studs with nuts. Wire for pump should be close by going through shelf.
914Sixer
headbang.gif
914werke
Click to view attachment
wonkipop
QUOTE(914werke @ Jun 25 2023, 05:20 PM) *

biggrin.gif

or go here and download factory workshop manuals.
free

http://p914-6info.net/Manuals.htm
emerygt350
Spark? Easiest to check first.
mlindner
And replace fuel filter.
g911
Also don’t forget the seatbelt interlock located under the passenger seat. If it is bad, it can result in a no start condition. I had this problem on my 74 1.8 a long long time ago.
Ebradley
Thanks for suggestions
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(g911 @ Jun 26 2023, 05:08 PM) *

Also don’t forget the seatbelt interlock located under the passenger seat. If it is bad, it can result in a no start condition.

This usually manifests as a no-crank condition, not a cranks-but-wont-start condition.

OP: You need fuel, air, and fire. Make sure you have fuel going into the engine, air going in (and being compressed), and sparks happening at around the right time. If the engine isn't running, chances are pretty good that one of those three is not present.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.