Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Refinished painted bumpers and tits value?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mark Henry
What's the value of '74 painted bumpers (F/R pair) that have been blasted, refinished and painted with epoxy primer, plus nason auto paint and it would also include the tits and front licence frame, but no tops. Everything is in good order.
A fellow FB 914 Canada member has a WTB for a set.

I've done a search, but all I saw were not refinished and priced at around $400USD/pair.
If they're only worth $400 then I'll keep them for a rainy day, as I have more than that into them.

Not looking to get rich, I just want to know a fair value for both the seller and buyer.

Thanks smile.gif
burton73
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jun 26 2023, 07:23 AM) *

What's the value of '74 painted bumpers (F/R pair) that have been blasted, refinished and painted with epoxy primer, plus nason auto paint and it would also include the tits and front licence frame, but no tops. Everything is in good order.
A fellow FB 914 Canada member has a WTB for a set.

I've done a search, but all I saw were not refinished and priced at around $400USD/pair.
If they're only worth $400 then I'll keep them for a rainy day, as I have more than that into them.

Not looking to get rich, I just want to know a fair value for both the seller and buyer.

Thanks smile.gif

Mark,

$400. Seems like a good deal for a person that needs them. Yea it would take a number of 100s to get a pair where yours are at.

What color have you painted them?

Best Bob B
914Sixer
With all the work involved and hardware, no reason to ask less that $650 in my opinion.
Mark Henry
Hi Bob smile.gif

They're black, not concourse as they're little too glossy, even though I put a flattener agent in the paint and I did do the dimple effect on them.
But other than that, they're total plug and play.

Thing I worry about is if I go and sell these I'll likely ding the bumper on my 914. dry.gif

Mark Henry
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jun 26 2023, 11:45 AM) *

With all the work involved and hardware, no reason to ask less that $650 in my opinion.

That would likely be about $800 Canadian, which is ballpark what I was thinking.
mepstein
$650 minimum.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jun 26 2023, 12:34 PM) *

$650 minimum.

thumb3d.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.