Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Anyone in/around Rochester NH that can help?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nditiz1
Was able to work out something with the seller, thanks all!

If you like beer or even some walking around money and can help me pick up an engine I would be greatly appreciative.

Engine is located in Rochester NH. Seller doesn't really want to ship, but all I need is it strapped to a pallet and I can do the rest. Please reach out if you live around there and can assist.

Thanks all! beerchug.gif
gandalf_025
So, you bought that type 4 engine..??

Unfortunately i don’t have access to a truck anymore..
nditiz1
I'm trying to. The guy doesn't want to entertain shipping. I told him all he has to do is strap it to a pallet and I will take care of the rest. He said he has a bunch of interest and a bunch of tire kickers. Not sure why he would just take my money as a serious buyer.

I'm going to call him after he gets off work.
GregAmy
This is becoming a big problem: put something for sale on the Internet and most of your time is wasted dealing with MAYBE tire kickers or more likely scammers. Which is why I usually just scrap parts instead of bothering to sell them.

I tried to buy a go-kart last week from a guy 30 minutes from me, guy said he was tired of all the wasted time of people "that will be there in 5 minutes" and never show up. Or those that say "I'll send a friend to come get it and I'll pay cash" and they're scammers. I finally just jumped in my truck with cash and knocked on his door to close the deal.

I certainly wouldn't bother with someone calling from 7-8 hours away making promises. And even if I did, if someone knocked on my door with cash, it would go away before you got there.

The world has changed. There are no more verbal deals, and cash talks. Find someone that lives up there, send them the cash, and have them walk up to the guy to buy it and take it away right then and there. Or jump in your pickup truck and drive to New Hampshire.

It's probably the only way this deal will happen.

GA
930cabman
I offered this guy + asking, had no interest in strapping to a pallet. SOLD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.