Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Great showing of 914's at Marina yesterday
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
grantsfo
The second day of AX at Marina yesterday had great showing of 914's. I think I counted 5 914-6's and lots of 4's. A lotus Elise should up too! Think most of us faster 914 guys/gals beat him! With a better driver the Elise would be an incredible AX weapon based on what I could see from the dynamics of that car.

Bad news is that a 996 took top time of the day and in my opinion the course was better suited to fast 914's.

Albert in his carbed 1.8 was setting incredible times. He was within a second of top time of the day. I was driving the piss out of my car and could only get within a little over a 1/2 second of him. Trekkors car was looking great with new wider wheels.

Great to see so many new 914 guys/gals at this AX. We had a very good showing of 914's in the top 20 places too.
sjhowitson
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif :Thought I would be the first
grantsfo
user posted image
user posted image
mikeyb33
great stuff.

It was great to see all the 914 folks out there on sunday!

say, do you know when they post the results to the PCA-GGR web page? (And, do they bother posting results of people in the "fun" class?)

I'm interested to see how I did against other [classes of] cars. This was my 1st PCA event, and if I decide to A-X my car regularly I'll probably need to sort out what class I'm in - and what chances I might have at running competitively in it based on my current level of preparation (i.e. change to AutoX tires, grab helmet, show up, unload all the loose stuff, & drive).

(what I drove)
<-------------------------
grantsfo
QUOTE (mikeyb33 @ Aug 15 2005, 05:27 PM)
great stuff.

It was great to see all the 914 folks out there on sunday!

say, do you know when they post the results to the PCA-GGR web page? (And, do they bother posting results of people in the "fun" class?)

I'm interested to see how I did against other [classes of] cars. This was my 1st PCA event, and if I decide to A-X my car regularly I'll probably need to sort out what class I'm in - and what chances I might have at running competitively in it based on my current level of preparation (i.e. change to AutoX tires, grab helmet, show up, unload all the loose stuff, & drive).

(what I drove)
<-------------------------

Mike,

It was great meeting you and your hot wiring skills are quite impressive (Mike did an incredible job hot wiring a 912 whose owner lost her keys - he included a hand drawn wiring diagram)! I think GGR results are usually up in a couple weeks. I wish I had seen your car run. I bet that 3.0 makes the car scream! With some race slicks bet you could do very well. You can find the AX rules on the GGR site. My sense is that 3.0 puts you in a pretty tough class, however the classing system is up for review soon.
mikeyb33
thanks Grant, great meeting you too - Mr. Ultralight!

Yeah I had an absolute blast wailin'-around in my 3.0 - if only 2nd gear was just a LITTLE taller...

FYI I'll be posting my hot-wiring story shortly -
Trekkor
Ron Leppke takes great pics at many of the Zone 7 events...

There were about 100 drivers in 88 cars both days.

Grant was really on it. Almost got me...within .040

KT

TravisNeff
Hey Trekkor, have a side view of your car with it's new shoes?
Trekkor
yes...

user posted image

KT
TravisNeff
That is bad ass!
EdwardBlume
It was great to see you guys out there... next time I'll bring a car that can handle the course.
Steve_7x
Some Sunday pics...
Steve_7x
more...
Steve_7x
beautiful old 912
Steve_7x
Trekkor
Steve_7x
more
Steve_7x
Rob... who is autocrossing his Boxster but also is a 914 owner...
Steve_7x
Joy driving the Pylon Assassin
Steve_7x
more...
Steve_7x
Howard on 2.5 wheels... not much tire patch on passenger side rear!
Steve_7x
Larry Sharp Zone 7 Rep
Steve_7x
Mike A
Steve_7x
Joy letting the rear come around at the finish line...
Steve_7x
Lotus
Steve_7x
Jaegermeister
Steve_7x
another angle on this 67 912
Steve_7x
Joy Starting out again
Steve_7x
Showing the 914 club sticker - thanks seanery
Steve_7x
Larry again
Steve_7x
Terry Zaccone... multi multi time Parade champ driving Marcel - his trusty 911L
Steve_7x
Beautiful late model 914
Steve_7x
talk about body lean... look at the drivers helmet!
Steve_7x
Another 914 :-)
Steve_7x
Grant with his new wheels...
Steve_7x
lots of orange in this pic...
Steve_7x
A gorgeous 356SC that set some very quick times... this is the kind of car I learned to autocross with back in the earlyt 80's
Steve_7x
another view of the 356...
Trekkor
Great pics, Steve. mueba.gif

Thanks for the ride. will post the video soon.

KT
grantsfo
Results and more pics from Marina. It still feels good knowing a few of us beat that Elise that showed up.

GGR AX results

GGR AX at Marina Pics
SirAndy
QUOTE (grantsfo @ Aug 18 2005, 11:14 AM)
Results from Marina

wow. what did the course look like?

only 2 seconds between 1st and 25th.
i don't think i have ever seen that many cars that close together, timewise ...

smilie_pokal.gif Andy
Steve_7x
Andy,

The first part of the course was 1st gear... a let then a right 180degree ... start the clock, then another 180 degree left start the clock, then a right 120 degree... shoft and go into a slalom. The Quaife made my car push 'wie ein schwein'. I would say that the first part of the course was in around 10 seconds of the total time (average). The exit also had another very tight corner with an angled finish light so if you went in to hot, you were driving away from the timing light.

I believe Trekkor will post his video and you will get an idea.

Trekkor,

Thanks on the pics... new camera and all... works pretty good!

Steve
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.