Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Correct order of dash switches
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
theer
Curious if there’s a proper order of the dash switches. I have mine (from the left) headlights - fog/driving lights - flasher… kind of in order of usage… high to low

I’ve seen a bunch of pictures with the flasher in the middle and fog on the right. I should have checked last week in the Poconos, but alas, I did not.

Thanks!
FlacaProductions
I've wondered about this as well after seeing some pictures over the years. My 73 was and 74 is: L to R Headlights, flashers, fog/driving.

I don't have any reason to believe either one of them was changed from factory.
BeatNavy
Tom, just because I like you I walked ALL the way out to the garage (I know, right?) and took this picture. I agree with Flaca: L-R headlights, hazards, fogs, and I don't think they've been altered.

Click to view attachment
ejm
'74 owners manual

Click to view attachment
theer
Thanks guys.

Especially Rob, who walked ALL the way out to the garage to take a picture. Just for me. You’re the best!
FlacaProductions
Well - I would have happily sauntered out to the garage to take a look but it's 2100 miles away!! (oh, how I wish it were closer....)
930cabman
My '75 has (from the left), headlight, 4 way, steering column, cigar lighter, fog lights
anderssj
My ‘72 was originally “headlights / hazard-flasher / fog lights” (as in Rob’s photo) but I swapped position of the fog light and hazard switches. Back when the car was my daily/nightly driver, I found that when I used the fog lights, the switch (when in the original/right-most spot) was reflected in the windshield at night. After swapping the fog light and hazard switches, the reflection was pretty much gone. Perhaps a previous owner did the same?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.