Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interior Color Splits
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
Txbentleyboy
We're there ever color split choices available?

Could you get your car with say, tan seats and door panels with black carpets?

Thanks"
wonkipop
QUOTE(Txbentleyboy @ Jul 1 2023, 05:46 PM) *

Thanks"

i very much doubt it from factory. literature does not indicate that.
(but there are accounts of interiors being ripped out of cars in the showroom and exchanged for different colors to satisfy a customer wanting particular exterior color and interior combo).

i have a 73 color chart.
shows the combo of carpet and interior fabrics.
you read it horizontally. don't be confused by the last rows being slipped down one position, thats just to signify that those columns are the extra cost option columns of cord fabrics and loop pile carpet.

Click to view attachment

as an aside i have the oddity of a centre cushion that is black in a brown interior.
i bought the car off the original owner who explained to me the smaller steering wheel along with the cushion were dealer installed items he had done at the original point of sale. the steering wheel certainly is one of the standard VW porsche options of the period and matches the old VW brochures for those items. so if they didn't have a brown centre cushion lying around they just threw in a black one. looks ok too. but its not exactly factory. its something the dealer did.
Txbentleyboy
QUOTE(wonkipop @ Jul 1 2023, 09:28 PM) *

QUOTE(Txbentleyboy @ Jul 1 2023, 05:46 PM) *

Thanks"

i very much doubt it from factory. literature does not indicate that.
(but there are accounts of interiors being ripped out of cars in the showroom and exchanged for different colors to satisfy a customer wanting particular exterior color and interior combo).

i have a 73 color chart.
shows the combo of carpet and interior fabrics.
you read it horizontally. don't be confused by the last rows being slipped down one position, thats just to signify that those columns are the extra cost option columns of cord fabrics and loop pile carpet.

Click to view attachment

as an aside i have the oddity of a centre cushion that is black in a brown interior.
i bought the car off the original owner who explained to me the smaller steering wheel along with the cushion were dealer installed items he had done at the original point of sale. the steering wheel certainly is one of the standard VW porsche options of the period and matches the old VW brochures for those items. so if they didn't have a brown centre cushion lying around they just threw in a black one. looks ok too. but its not exactly factory. its something the dealer did.

Thank you. I just wondered if there was ever a "Color to choice" option at the factory?
davep
QUOTE(Txbentleyboy @ Jul 3 2023, 07:03 PM) *

I just wondered if there was ever a "Color to choice" option at the factory?

Yes, there was a paint to choice and interior to choice. Paint to choice was not really rare, but interior is basically unknown. To find out how it was produced by the factory you need to purchase the data. I do that regularly for clients. Email me for more info.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.