Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alternative to Bardahl 3010-CS Insted O' Lead Gold
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxster914
Hi Everyone!

I have been using Bardahl 3010-CS Insted O' Lead Gold with every fill up of exclusively non-ethanol gas in my 72 Beetle and 71 914 since I've owned the cars (about 5 years).

https://www.bardahl.nl/en/product/instead-o...ane-booster-en/

The cars have always been very strong runners with few problems. I've attributed their reliable performance to the exclusive use of non-ethanol gas and the insted o' lead product. (along with consistent driving of the cars at least once a week year round).

The Bardahl product is no longer available!

Any suggestions on what I can use as a substitute?

Superhawk996
Save yourself some money and stop using it.

Beetle and 914 both use hardened steel valve seats that don’t depend on lead to prevent valve recession. These products were mainly targeted at vehicles with cast iron heads where the valve seats are machined directly into the cast iron head without use of a hardened steel valve seat.

Basically you’re buying very expensive diesel fuel as the main solvent with the associated Sulfur (from the diesel) and a bit of Manganese as the lubricants left behind after the volatile solvents burn off.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.