914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aaron Cox
Agressive street and some AX...

what would you guys recommend?
Pagids? (which flavor?)
Ferodo's? (which flavor???)
Hawk
Mintex?

what do you guys run/have experience with???

Aaron
SLITS
Ask Allan biggrin.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(SLITS @ Aug 15 2005, 01:56 PM)
Ask Allan biggrin.gif

he got some ferodos for the front for 30 bucks and mom and pops auto....
KenH
Porterfields - if you "bed" them in properly.

Pagid Orange if you REALLY need to stop fast.

Ken
Aaron Cox
At 2x the price of ferodo's.... How are the Porterfield R4S's???

70 bucks to my door unsure.gif
john rogers
When I put the 4 bolt alloy hubs on the race car I think Brad recommended the Porterfield's and so far they are working great. I found they squeek a little when cold but sure stop well. Very little dust too.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(john rogers @ Aug 15 2005, 02:44 PM)
When I put the 4 bolt alloy hubs on the race car I think Brad recommended the Porterfield's and so far they are working great. I found they squeek a little when cold but sure stop well. Very little dust too.

thanks john!

ill pull the trigger on em....

AA
phantom914
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Aug 15 2005, 01:45 PM)
QUOTE (john rogers @ Aug 15 2005, 02:44 PM)

thanks john!

ill pull the trigger on em....

AA

Porterfields worked well for me (street driving). livermoreperformance.com is a good place to get them.

Andrew
Aaron Cox
guy on ebay was a buck more expensive than liver more.... but that was shipped prices.....

very cool. should have em by saturday smile.gif

thanks for the info guys
Aaron
Eddie914
Porterfield R4S pads are great agressive street and moderate track pads. The R4 or R4E are the full race and endurance race pads. I have used all three compounds both on the track and street. The R4 and the R4E are acceptable on the street if you don't mind the noise and dust.

The R4S pads work well on the track at 8/10th or less. Pushed to 10/10th they just don't hold very well. I went through 75% of a brand new set of R4S pads at a single track day when we double stinted a heavy car (BMW 535i) and DID NOT bed the pads properly BEFORE the track event. Of course that was also letting a Porsche 911 driver track my BMW. An Agressive 911 driver is used to braking very late and very hard.

I'm currently using Porterfield R4 pads with 911 SC brakes on my 914/6 2.7 and they work pretty well. They will still cook the fluid without sufficient cooling.

mueba.gif
mueba.gif

Eddie
KenH
Use ATE Blue or Gold brake fluid.

Ken
Eric_Shea
Good advice. You've got the right pads. Welcome to a new world in braking. Now you'll see why I'm an advocate of getting rock'n pads before messing around with mongo brakes. Those M-Calipers and the Porterfields should make a "big" difference. smilie_pokal.gif
Aaron Cox
i had like PBR or Mintex and they squeaked and made dust out the wazoo.....

looking forward to super brakes smile.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.