Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1971 914 2.0 FI sideshift [Rhode Island]
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Abeck914
Hi all,

Posting up my car for sale today. I'll do my best to present it accurately and answer questions as best I can. I could provide a lot of blather buy I'll also try to keep it short so you don't lose interest right off the bat. Asking $22,000 obo.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Cons:
not original
not a 6 cyl
no spare
no spare so no washer fluid spray for wipers
one tab on one letter on engine deck letters is broken, but that letter has survived my 5 years
one grill mesh over battery has a hole presumably from a suppression system in its previous life
some minor scratches, cracks, and a bruise documented in pics

Pros:
Really fun solid no worry reliable driver [I commuted it off and on 68 miles each way]
1974 2.0 engine [compression results in link [122, 123, 124, 130 if I recall correctly]
original fuel injection
side shifter
orange although not OEM paint code
Genuine minilites 15X6.5J [4 total, no spare]
Steel fuel lines
Kelly Hunter headers
Tangerine muffler
Lower ride height

I can't think of any issues

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

2018+:
I bought this car in 2018 from Maryland
I've replaced filler neck gasket, evap tank gaskets, gas cap gasket
Bearings and brake pads
Brake calipers from PMB this past winter
All electrical gremlins corrected incl directionals, driving lights, headlight bulbs, and various dash lights
door release springs
e-brake cables
rearview mirror pad
track studs to balance the minilites
930 turbo tie rods
alignment
new wipers
shifter coupling/cup

pre-2018
I'm including a link to a drive that shows pics of extensive repair work to body, and tons of receipts.

I've collected good OEM seats and brackets, a solid backpad that needs to just be scrubbed clean, and sunvisors that definitely need to be cleaned but I don't know how good they will look when cleaned, and new mounting brackets for visors, GT style decklid. all included. Including in sale frame stiffeners, extra cylinder heads, box o bolts, crank case.

Other info that could be or could not be a pro or con:
Corbeau seats with harnesses, adjustable
Bolt in cage
No heat collectors, no heat, no defrost
No radio except air-cooled engine music

Click to view attachment

The rear fenders were rolled and pulled to fit the 205/55r15s and minilites. very minor very infrequent rub on one side but i'll screw up the paint if I try to pull it more.

The paint is really eye-catching, these cars look great in signal orange and this color is a little deeper and must have a gold metal flake over silver base which really shines and appears lighter or darker with sun/shade, the lowered height and wider stance IMO look better than stock without putting a wheel that is too large for it. just my 0.02 and its all personal preference but I say this so you can prepare for constant thumbs up, heads hanging out windows, and delays at gas stations.

I also have a shovel style front bumper painted to match, but I looked down at the speedo at 105 and all I saw when I looked up was a tail straight in the air go over me and then three flashes of orange in separate directions. I can see what I can do about piecing it together and fiberglassing the backside if all pieces fit together. I presume this was a chipmunk.

Here is the link, I hope it works for everyone: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1D8j...?usp=drive_link

Thank you,
Aaron
crash914
Is this the orange car in Woonsocket?
Abeck914
QUOTE(crash914 @ Jul 3 2023, 01:46 PM) *

Is this the orange car in Woonsocket?

No, south of providence. west bay. beerchug.gif
theer
Not mine & no affiliation, but I have met Aaron a few times and driven this car. Aaron’s a great guy. He’s done a number of restorations (not 914’s) and has taken good care of his 914. Fixing issues and making improvements along the way.

The paint is truly spectacular. One of my all-time favorites, despite not being a stock color. But, this is not a stock car, anyway. The 2.0l motor pulls nicely, FI works as it should. Big improvement over the 1.7l that would have been original. Side shifter is always a nice improvement on these early cars.

Aaron is not too far from me - I can to do a more detailed PPI for anyone interested.
GaroldShaffer
headbang.gif

Mannnnnn....... If this was next year at this time you and I would be having a serious talk. One more semester of college to pay for and new carpet for the house, the wife would give me the green light to jump back into the game. While I appreciate fully stock 914s, this 914 has just enough mods to make me not feel bad making changes / upgrades (though, it is just fine the way it is!!!) plus its Orange with real minilites!!!

I usually don't comment on peoples for sale adds, but man this just hits all the yes buttons for me. Good luck with the sale.

beerchug.gif
Abeck914
QUOTE(GaroldShaffer @ Jul 10 2023, 07:29 PM) *

headbang.gif

Mannnnnn....... If this was next year at this time you and I would be having a serious talk. One more semester of college to pay for and new carpet for the house, the wife would give me the green light to jump back into the game. While I appreciate fully stock 914s, this 914 has just enough mods to make me not feel bad making changes / upgrades (though, it is just fine the way it is!!!) plus its Orange with real minilites!!!

I usually don't comment on peoples for sale adds, but man this just hits all the yes buttons for me. Good luck with the sale.

beerchug.gif

you've got good taste! I was contemplating trying to do a 6 conv. but its set up nicely as is and decided why dismantle it and instead look for a different roller or completed 6 conv. >> where is the link to your '73 for sale?

.....maybe we WILL be talking next year lol-2.gif
Abeck914
bump

QUOTE(Abeck914 @ Jul 3 2023, 12:42 PM) *

Hi all,

Posting up my car for sale today. I'll do my best to present it accurately and answer questions as best I can. I could provide a lot of blather buy I'll also try to keep it short so you don't lose interest right off the bat. Asking $22,000 obo.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Cons:
not original
not a 6 cyl
no spare
no spare so no washer fluid spray for wipers
one tab on one letter on engine deck letters is broken, but that letter has survived my 5 years
one grill mesh over battery has a hole presumably from a suppression system in its previous life
some minor scratches, cracks, and a bruise documented in pics

Pros:
Really fun solid no worry reliable driver [I commuted it off and on 68 miles each way]
1974 2.0 engine [compression results in link [122, 123, 124, 130 if I recall correctly]
original fuel injection
side shifter
orange although not OEM paint code
Genuine minilites 15X6.5J [4 total, no spare]
Steel fuel lines
Kelly Hunter headers
Tangerine muffler
Lower ride height

I can't think of any issues

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

2018+:
I bought this car in 2018 from Maryland
I've replaced filler neck gasket, evap tank gaskets, gas cap gasket
Bearings and brake pads
Brake calipers from PMB this past winter
All electrical gremlins corrected incl directionals, driving lights, headlight bulbs, and various dash lights
door release springs
e-brake cables
rearview mirror pad
track studs to balance the minilites
930 turbo tie rods
alignment
new wipers
shifter coupling/cup

pre-2018
I'm including a link to a drive that shows pics of extensive repair work to body, and tons of receipts.

I've collected good OEM seats and brackets, a solid backpad that needs to just be scrubbed clean, and sunvisors that definitely need to be cleaned but I don't know how good they will look when cleaned, and new mounting brackets for visors, GT style decklid. all included. Including in sale frame stiffeners, extra cylinder heads, box o bolts, crank case.

Other info that could be or could not be a pro or con:
Corbeau seats with harnesses, adjustable
Bolt in cage
No heat collectors, no heat, no defrost
No radio except air-cooled engine music

Click to view attachment

The rear fenders were rolled and pulled to fit the 205/55r15s and minilites. very minor very infrequent rub on one side but i'll screw up the paint if I try to pull it more.

The paint is really eye-catching, these cars look great in signal orange and this color is a little deeper and must have a gold metal flake over silver base which really shines and appears lighter or darker with sun/shade, the lowered height and wider stance IMO look better than stock without putting a wheel that is too large for it. just my 0.02 and its all personal preference but I say this so you can prepare for constant thumbs up, heads hanging out windows, and delays at gas stations.

I also have a shovel style front bumper painted to match, but I looked down at the speedo at 105 and all I saw when I looked up was a tail straight in the air go over me and then three flashes of orange in separate directions. I can see what I can do about piecing it together and fiberglassing the backside if all pieces fit together. I presume this was a chipmunk.

Here is the link, I hope it works for everyone: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1D8j...?usp=drive_link

Thank you,
Aaron

nditiz1
Free bump as I was thinking about this car the other day before I even knew this For sale ad existed.

I almost bought this as my first 914 back in ~2016/17. Chris (PO) took me for a ride in it. It was a blast. I might even have photoshop pics of fuchs on it since I was already deciding modifications I was going to make lol.

Anyway, the original engine was with the car when he sold it, if you are into numbers matching. It had some failure and Chris had Tangerine Racing build this one.

The color was Tangelo I believe and the pics are not in bright enough to do it justice, but it definitely has sparkle in bright light. Chris never washed it with water, only a waterless car wash.

Wish it still had the pre-inflation price tag beerchug.gif
Abeck914
QUOTE(nditiz1 @ Aug 31 2023, 07:43 AM) *

Free bump as I was thinking about this car the other day before I even knew this For sale ad existed.

I almost bought this as my first 914 back in ~2016/17. Chris (PO) took me for a ride in it. It was a blast. I might even have photoshop pics of fuchs on it since I was already deciding modifications I was going to make lol.

Anyway, the original engine was with the car when he sold it, if you are into numbers matching. It had some failure and Chris had Tangerine Racing build this one.

The color was Tangelo I believe and the pics are not in bright enough to do it justice, but it definitely has sparkle in bright light. Chris never washed it with water, only a waterless car wash.

Wish it still had the pre-inflation price tag beerchug.gif

thank you for adding some commentary! to all, regarding pre-inflation price: it is OBO and FWIW, the car had to be sorted out: vapor cloud in cabin, 55mph death wobbles, all sorts of electrical repairs, pedals didnt operate smoothly, acv cleaned to correct idle, brake pads, calipers, e-brake cable, bearings, tie rods. i tried to price it using comps on here and BAT. glad i got to learn more about the car digging in to it. driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.