Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wire gauges for the main harness
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
devil
Does anyone by any chance have a guide what gauges of wires are used in the main body harness? I have this crazy notion that I’d like to try to rebuild the harness as close to original as possible and if someone already had a list of wire colors + gauges, it would make the task much simpler.

I know that there are people offering the harnesses as a product, but what’s the fun in ordering stuff when you can get yourself in much trouble and try to build stuff yourself smile.gif
Dave_Darling
The size of the conductor is called out on the wiring diagrams, as seen in your Haynes manual or the factory manuals that are out there. The size is not listed in "gauge", though--I think it is in mm^2 but I am not sure.

You can find a conversion chart for the sizes if you Google it.

--DD
windforfun
QUOTE(devil @ Jul 3 2023, 09:09 PM) *

Does anyone by any chance have a guide what gauges of wires are used in the main body harness? I have this crazy notion that I’d like to try to rebuild the harness as close to original as possible and if someone already had a list of wire colors + gauges, it would make the task much simpler.

I know that there are people offering the harnesses as a product, but what’s the fun in ordering stuff when you can get yourself in much trouble and try to build stuff yourself smile.gif

I have a used one that you can borrow. It's been used for misc. pieces, but it's mostly still there. It's for a "73 1.7.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.