Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB 914 Engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Tim Jones
I have a '72 914 with complete but very tired engine. Would like to find good running/tested engine for replacement. Open on price. Thanks, Tim Jones
914xr75
There is a guy out of Riverside, California, who always advertises 914 parts on Craigslist. Whenever Bruce Stone does the swap meet, I think he calls it G &R swap meet. I see the guy there who sells a lot of rust free parts and he’ll cut any part for you from his parts cars.

A few months ago he was advertising a running very nice 1.7. He actually even had a video I thought about putting it in my garage, but I don’t have the space. I’m sure people here know who he is. It was like $1500. It might still be on craigslist.
Tim Jones
QUOTE(914xr75 @ Jul 5 2023, 08:27 AM) *

There is a guy out of Riverside, California, who always advertises 914 parts on Craigslist. Whenever Bruce Stone does the swap meet, I think he calls it G &R swap meet. I see the guy there who sells a lot of rust free parts and he’ll cut any part for you from his parts cars.

A few months ago he was advertising a running very nice 1.7. He actually even had a video I thought about putting it in my garage, but I don’t have the space. I’m sure people here know who he is. It was like $1500. It might still be on craigslist.

I checked on Riverside's craigslist but could not find the engine. Thanks for the tip thought. Tim Jones
Al Meredith
Tim, Too bad you are in WA and I'm in Atlanta ,Ga the freight makes it prohibitive to ship engines. I've got two 1800 or 1911 ready to start on. Al
fiacra
QUOTE(Al Meredith @ Jul 5 2023, 12:08 PM) *

Tim, Too bad you are in WA and I'm in Atlanta ,Ga the freight makes it prohibitive to ship engines. I've got two 1800 or 1911 ready to start on. Al

A few months ago I had a 2.0 shipped from Florida to California. The cost was just around $400 via Yellow Freight. I could have been quite a bit cheaper ($235) if I had it shipped from terminal to terminal, but it did need to be picked up at the seller's residence. I picked it up at the terminal here. Yellow freight was the most reasonable, but other shippers weren't too far off. If you are willing to palletize it then shipping might not be as bad as you think. If you have the shipper do all the packing, pick up, and delivery, it then gets to be very expensive. I will say that pick up did not go to schedule and that was frustrating for the seller. It was a subcontractor for Yellow Freight that picked it up.
Tim Jones
QUOTE(Al Meredith @ Jul 5 2023, 02:08 PM) *

Al, Thanks for the note. The engines you mentioned need to be rebuilt? Tim
914werke
Tim what is your criteria? Displacement? MY code match? Solid vs Hydro? Intended induction?
914xr75
Click to view attachment

I believe this is the guy in Riverside that I saw on craigslist
Tim Jones
QUOTE(914werke @ Jul 5 2023, 03:15 PM) *

Tim what is your criteria? Displacement? MY code match? Solid vs Hydro? Intended induction?

My criteria is open to what may be available as a driver engine. Long block in good running condition that I could match everything off of the '72 1.7 would be ideal. Thanks, Tim
Tim Jones
QUOTE(914xr75 @ Jul 6 2023, 08:18 AM) *

Click to view attachment

I believe this is the guy in Riverside that I saw on craigslist

Thank you, I'll give him a call. Tim
Ottomotion
Here are some in Nor-Cal.....one with F.I. and the other carbs.

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/pts/d/fai...7624974110.html

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/pts/d/sac...7634967755.html

Tim Jones
QUOTE(Ottomotion @ Jul 6 2023, 10:24 AM) *

Ottomotion, Thanks for the leads to these engines, much appreciated. Tim
914Toy
Vince is a good man.
Ace Le Count
QUOTE(Tim Jones @ Jul 4 2023, 03:38 PM) *

I have a '72 914 with complete but very tired engine. Would like to find good running/tested engine for replacement. Open on price. Thanks, Tim Jones

Have you considered rebuilding your current engine?
Ottomotion
This one is for sale over on the bird board if you want to spend a little $$

https://youtu.be/XIpYXzTxszs

Its in Washington too...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.