Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: '75 LS3/Bosxter 6-speed swap and a few other mods
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
tygaboy
Come on now, how often do you get the chance to own a truly one-of-a-kind build AND pick the color of your choice?!?! Paint it, put it on BAT and make me feel bad for not doing that myself! lol-2.gif
Plus, it's been driven by Randy Pobst and he said nice things about it!

Yes, it's a unique build and I know it's going to take a certain sort of buyer. No real hurry on my part but I did want to get the word out. Tell your friends. Heck, with the power this thing puts down, tell your enemies! laugh.gif

Comments that sum up my situation:
- It's the journey, not the destination
- Building cars is a different hobby than driving cars

I've done all the heavy lifting on this build. It's got about 4k miles on it since it's been "completed" happy11.gif and has proven totally reliable. If can put a deal together, it'll free up some room at the Red Barn for the continued silliness. If not, I'll just keep chipping away at it.

The entire build is documented (link below) so I've only included a couple pics in this ad.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=296900

The major elements are listed below but as many of you know, there's a ton of other stuff that add up to what I think is a pretty special car. It also comes with a bunch of bits to be installed after paint like seals, trim, newly plated hardware, etc.

CHASSIS
• Inner longs skinned with 16 ga steel
• All chassis stiffening: 1.5” x .095 wall DOM tubing
• Drive train moved forward 1.5”
• GT flares in steel
• GT headlight kit
• Hood vents
• Ventilated rear panel
• Reverse-tilt trunk lid
SUSPENSION, BRAKES, WHEELS
• Rear
- Tangerine Racing 2” raised suspension pick-up points: consoles & upper shock mounts
- 911 hubs/e-brake
- Reinforced trailing arms: cut in half, internally plated (by Tangerine Racing)
- Patrick Motorsports adjustable toe link kit
- Elephant Racing adjustable coil overs
- Koni Yellow Sport shocks
• Front
- Raised spindles
- Elephant Racing racing bump steer kit
- Elephant Racing bladed sway bar
- Elephant Racing spherical control arm bearings
- Tarett monoball camber plates
- Koni Yellow Sport shocks
• Boxster calipers with braided steel lines
• 911 vented rotors
• Ronal R9 wheels: 8x16 / 9x16
• Toyo Proxas RA1: 225/50 front, 245/45 rear
DRIVE TRAIN
• LS3 6.2 liter V8
• Reversed turbo-forward headers
• Holley Dominator ECU
• Modified Renegade Hybrids engine and trans mounts: moved forward 1.5”
• Boxster S 6-speed transaxle (G86-20)
- Cryo-treated Albins 3.0 ring & pinion
- WaveTrac LSD
- CA Motorsports full rebuild in 2022
- CA Motorsports side plate
- CA Motorsports 2nd gear shift arrester
- Trans is prepped for coolant lines and temp sensor
• Carrera axles
INTERIOR
• Summit Technologies Raptor wireless steering wheel button controls
• ECU Master PMU-16 (programmable replacement for fuses and relays)
• GTS Classics Le Mans seats with heat
• Relocated seat belt retractors
• Custom stamped metalwork
- Fire wall
- ECU cover & fire extinguisher mount panel
- Foot boards
• Center console
• Custom window winders
• 944 Turbo interior door handles
• Ashtray delete dash top in fiberglass
• Early lower dash pad
• Holley digital dash
• One-piece aluminum dash face
• Tilton pedals
• Numeric Racing shifter/cables
fiacra
I know we are not supposed to comment on FS ads, but considering the level of craftsmanship and the quality of work that has gone into this build anything less than $100K would seem to be a bargain. Does that even work out to minimum wage for all of the labor that has gone into this build? Painting it and putting it up on BAT would probably maximize your return, but kudos for offering it here first.
tygaboy
@fiacra Broheen - Thanks for the kind words. I will say that you couldn't build it for this price, even if you did all the labor yourself at $0.00/hr. Ask me how I know!
Cairo94507
This is the deal of a lifetime- expertly designed/crafted car is really 90% done and just needs body/paint work. A car that will give you LS bullet-proof reliability and power and be able to drive anywhere with no worries.

I hope whomever buys it is a local member so we can keep our eyes on it. We all know Chris is more about the journey than the destination. What's he going to fabricate next?

Best of luck and anything short of $100K is a killer deal. beerchug.gif
slowrodent
GLWS! I'm a wee bit sad to see this posting, as I'm sure are any number of folks here. It's good that you've found peace in letting it go.

Kevin
rmarx
What an opportunity for someone to purchase what could be one of the most ultimate 914 builds ever posted. The level of detail will not be exceeded by anyone as this is truly a one of a kind creation. As many of us live viariously through you, I look forward to watching the progress on your other builds.
fasthonda
I completely understand this. Wish I was close enough to get a ride.

Comments that sum up my situation:
- It's the journey, not the destination
- Building cars is a different hobby than driving cars
matthepcat
GLWS Chris. This car is fantastic. Wish I could buy it and paint it Irish green with all the bright work to make it a sleeper.
BuddyV
..... if you listen to Matt Farah's "The Smoking Tire Podcast" broadcast from the recent LUFT show in the Bay Area, toward the end of the show Matt asks his guests for their standout cars from the LUFT event......

..... Matt immediately mentions THIS car!..... of all the bad-ass cars at the event, THIS car stayed top-o-mind.

Impressive.

World-Class-Bad-Ass-build.

I hope it doesn't sell....... I want it to stay right here where I can see & drive it (again) piratenanner.gif

This car is awesome.
willieg
One of the epic, bizarre builds you will ever see. Why “bizarre”? Because the level of workmanship is beyond anything normal.
IanK
Kinda sad to see you selling it, and as others have said, I hope someone local (or relatively nearby me!) becomes the lucky new owner.

It is still the best build manual to reference smile.gif

But Chris has a bunch of fun projects - 360 powered 914, RacerBenz ...and I am sure more to come!

GLWS!
tygaboy
Thanks to all for your compliments on the build. I'm fully prepared for no one to be interested since it really does come across visually as a "fixer upper" and most folks prefer something more move-in ready. laugh.gif

At this point, the plan is that as soon as there's room in the Red Barn, I'm going to finish the outstanding funtional items (wipers, add an oil cooler, update the door card design), do a bit more road testing then blow it apart for paint.
Unless something changes, it's headed to BAT.

I'm open to interesting offers and trades, both your item + $ or my car + $ . Let's talk? idea.gif
IanK
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Jul 11 2023, 02:11 PM) *

Thanks to all for your compliments on the build. I'm fully prepared for no one to be interested since it really does come across visually as a "fixer upper" and most folks prefer something more move-in ready. laugh.gif

At this point, the plan is that as soon as there's room in the Red Barn, I'm going to finish the outstanding funtional items (wipers, add an oil cooler, update the door card design), do a bit more road testing then blow it apart for paint.
Unless something changes, it's headed to BAT.

I'm open to interesting offers and trades, both your item + $ or my car + $ . Let's talk? idea.gif

If I had to funds and garage space, I would definitely think long and hard about it.

But, part of the fun is the journey, and building my shell up to a near replica of yours is my goal. After all, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery smile.gif

So, I will continue to inch along ...

Cheers!
2mAn
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Jul 11 2023, 12:11 PM) *

Your Hot Rod for mine? LMAO

Ad
https://www.alfabb.com/threads/1975-giulia-...4/#post-8829297

and Build Thread
https://www.alfabb.com/threads/the-nuova-project.707747/

IPB Image

I think even with the Twin Spark motor I would be on the short end of things... but man I would love this car even though its too much car for me driving.gif

Just to tease what you could have if you build the motor.
https://youtu.be/-klVh82SeR0

thinking2.gif
tygaboy
@2mAn Cool car! Tempting but...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.