Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Got speeding ticket in San Mateo - need lawyer
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
siverson

Hi everyone - I got a speeding ticket in San Mateo while on business and would like to hire a lawyer to take care of things. The ticket is for 95 in a 65 and requires a court appearance (I live in San Diego).

Any recommendations on who to call?

The carbon copy ticket is very hard to read, but I think it says:

Written: 22347 (a) - VC - excess 65 mph max - Infraction
Speed aprox: 95+
Max posted speed: 65

Since there is not a 22347, I guess it may read 22349, which is:

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d11/vc22349.htm

Maximum Speed Limit 22349. (a) Except as provided in Section 22356, no person may drive a vehicle upon a highway at a speed greater than 65 miles per hour.

-Steve
Lyressa Roberts
Holy crap, Steve...I can't help you out in the lawyer arena...but holy crap, Steve. blink.gif

GrayMatter
OUCH! sad.gif that hurts! and being that he put you for 30 over you can't do driving school to get it off your record. (i think the max is 26 over)

Sorry to hear that steve.
bd1308
holy crap....your 914 goes 95mph!!!!

sorry bout the ticket though sad.gif
Joe Bob
He has a 3.6 in it.... cool_shades.gif
bd1308
that's my next engine....
Joe Bob
Gud...the dizzy can't move and it has no points...
bd1308
laugh.gif

no points huh?

and the dizzy doesnt move?
Aaron Cox
and you stopped for the cop? w00t.gif
redshift
If your teener CAN'T go 95, you need a new teener. smile.gif

Welcome to the club! I wasn't in a teener, but I got charged with 3x the limit once.

pinch.gif

M
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (redshift @ Aug 15 2005, 09:09 PM)
If your teener CAN'T go 95, you need a new teener. smile.gif

Welcome to the club! I wasn't in a teener, but I got charged with 3x the limit once.

pinch.gif

M

same here!

15 mph in a 5mph lot...those ticket quota'ing bastards!
bd1308
i dont go above 75...

stay alive, drive 55.....i saw it one time on a type 3....
redshift
Hey, have Andy as a witness! How much does he charge?

Hey, isn't the national limit like 70 something now?

M
Aaron Cox
Article 9, Section 14: Bitch was goin!
Jenny
Steve, just curious. Are you looking to contest the ticket, or just get someone up here that can make court appearances on your behalf? I think you have to be present anyway. You can do trial by declaration as another option. Unless you think you were seriously wronged, getting a lawyer for a speeding ticket for over 65mph sounds like a huge waste of money, IMHO. confused24.gif The best you can hope for is to ask the judge to allow you to attend traffic school. And you can do that without a lawyer. In fact, you probably have a better chance of getting the judge to allow it without a lawyer.

Just my two cents..
Jen
grantsfo
Curious which highway were you doing 95 MPH? 280 or 101?
redshift
Hey, Jenny is right.

As usual? mad.gif Yes. How could you have ever doubted her? ohmy.gif Be ashamed. unsure.gif

smile.gif

Ok, I am a littl edrunk.

M
DonTraver
There's a lawyer here in San Diego called Mr Ticket, his office is on El Cajon Blvd, don't have the phone number. Anyway, if I remember right he charges $99 to go to court for you. He might take your ticket or know someone up there that will handle it for you.

Not sure how he does it, but he usually gets the ticket thrown out, I've heard very good things about him from speedy members of pcasdr. He's also the guy that sued the city about the traffic light cameras and won.

Good luck, Don
Joe Bob
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Aug 15 2005, 07:28 PM)
laugh.gif

no points huh?

and the dizzy doesnt move?

Yeah, dual dizzys that are fixed....so YOU can't futz wit them, electronic ignition STOCK, no points or condensors....almost 300hp with headers and the right chip.....0-55 in second gear...you can rip all the other gears out....
bd1308
so the ecu provides spark advance....

cool stuff

still like points and movable dizzy.
michel richard
The state is supposed to tell you what you are accused of. If the section that is quoted on the ticket does not exist, you have no way for sure of knowing what you are accused of. That ticket should be thrown out before you even to arguing the particulars of what you were doing.

I suspect that a good tiket attorney should be able to get you out of it.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.