Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: 914-6 Muffler
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
AnthonyM
I'm just now getting my 914-6 GT replica running and will likely be using it for track day events and some street use. It has 2.7 CIS conversion with a Tri-Mil muffler (dual in single out) and headers. I'm looking for a muffler with more sound and better exhaust flow. Would prefer 2 in and 2 out.
ChrisFoley
I'll take pics of the mufflers I have at my shop to show you what I have.
ChrisFoley
Here are some pics of the 3 mufflers I have available.
The Dansk has a bunch of welds on the outside so someone already modified the insides. I don't recall where I got it or what was done to it.
The next one was behind a 2.7L with 1 3/4" headers.
More than 20 years ago I installed the single outlet muffler with a set of B&B HE's on a 2.7L built by Motormeister. barf.gif Eventually the customer ended up with a 3.6L and left the muffler here after buying one of my mufflers to fit behind his WEVO 915.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

JmuRiz
Here’s what I have: old M&K that needs some rewelding and a bursch:

JmuRiz
…if interested in the bursch, I’ll hit it with the wire wheel and the VHT primer and paint I got for it (but haven’t got around to spraying yet)
AnthonyM
I've sent you both PM's on your muffler options and really appreciate you letting me know what might work for my build. Thanks again!
Robarabian

I'd be curious to know how loud that Super Turbo muffler is... it is pretty small.

Had you heard it when it was on the motormeister motor car?

QUOTE(ChrisFoley @ Jul 17 2023, 11:08 AM) *

Here are some pics of the 3 mufflers I have available.
The Dansk has a bunch of welds on the outside so someone already modified the insides. I don't recall where I got it or what was done to it.
The next one was behind a 2.7L with 1 3/4" headers.
More than 20 years ago I installed the single outlet muffler with a set of B&B HE's on a 2.7L built by Motormeister. barf.gif Eventually the customer ended up with a 3.6L and left the muffler here after buying one of my mufflers to fit behind his WEVO 915.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Robarabian @ Jul 17 2023, 11:12 PM) *

I'd be curious to know how loud that Super Turbo muffler is... it is pretty small.

Had you heard it when it was on the motormeister motor car?

It was a real long time ago when I heard it. It was on the loud side but definitely streetable. 14" length with 2 3/4" in/out.
mate914
What do you want for the Bursch?
Matt flag.gif

QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Jul 17 2023, 04:16 PM) *

…if interested in the bursch, I’ll hit it with the wire wheel and the VHT primer and paint I got for it (but haven’t got around to spraying yet)

AnthonyM
Thanks to all of the input and options on mufflers for my build. I ended up choosing the M&K from Nathan and think in will fit my build the best and sound great too.
JmuRiz
That's funny, looks like a CIS 2.7 and the same headers I was going to run before my project took a $$ turn due to the core engine needing a full redo.
rgalla9146
What a great looking car !
Those are big rear flares.
Any chance the car came from Pennsylvania ?
AnthonyM
Thanks. I really like the flares on this car too and appear to be wider than most GT options. I'm not sure if the car was in PA before I purchased it and saw that it had been in the Carolina's prior to me buying it. It came out of Indiana when I got it a few years ago.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.