Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Got a 914!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bertus
After a 15 year hiatus I got me another 914. biggrin.gif It is a 1973 1.7 L that now has a 2.1L in it (also came with the original 1.7 liter motor and original F.I.), and has very little rust on it.

This car was located about 800 miles away from where I live and I would not of purchased it without the help of fellow 914 club members. Specifically Wayne and Clay of Plano TX who did an excellent PPI for me. No way would I have taken the risk of investing the travel time and expense to purchase a car this far away from home. This is a great aspect of this club!

Anyway I will post some pics of the new car in a couple of days, and I am glad to be driving one of these cars again!

Bert
Allan
Give us frickin

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Lyressa Roberts
Welcome back to the dark side.
robby750
Great news! Let's get together and go for a drive!
mudfoot76
Welcome back beer.gif

Show us some pics! And, if you get a chance to head north it would be fun to get together for some driving.gif
GrayMatter
Gratz on your new 914!! Can't wait to see pics!

Cheers!
Chris.
ClayPerrine
Hey... I thought you were going to come here and drive it to the MUSR?

BTW.. Here's some picts I took when Wayne and I looked at the car for you.

ClayPerrine
ClayPerrine
BTW.. It's a really nice 914. Glad I could help out.

jr91472
that color rocks!!!! congrats beer.gif

Is it just me, or does it seem like there has been a rash of "hey I just got a 914!!"?

Cool trend I say aktion035.gif
Bertus
Thanks all here are some pics!
Bertus
I was going to try and pick it up the week of MUSR but the seller wanted it sold a month ago. That helped out on the bargaining but no so much on me picking when I came and got it. Plus hauling the car back on Labor Day weekend may not have been so much fun.
I am sure it would have been fun to attend though!
Bertus
Hey Robby, that would be cool. I have not seen any 914s running around town in years. What color is yours I'll keep a look out for it.
robby750
Here is a picture. If you see me or the wife driving it, scream and flag us down. My cell number is 321-7332.
robby750
(it's the blue one)
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (Bertus @ Aug 15 2005, 09:49 PM)
I was going to try and pick it up the week of MUSR but the seller wanted it sold a month ago. That helped out on the bargaining but no so much on me picking when I came and got it. Plus hauling the car back on Labor Day weekend may not have been so much fun.
I am sure it would have been fun to attend though!

Gee... I see how you are... We help you out, and you decide to diss us... wink.gif

Sorry you are going to miss the MUSR. Congrats on the car!!
Bertus
Just curious, how many people attend the MUSR?
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (Bertus @ Aug 16 2005, 03:34 PM)
Just curious, how many people attend the MUSR?

I think that we have about 30 or so cars registered.

In the past we have topped 40 cars.

tat2dphreak
I'm glad to see the car go to a good home... smilie_pokal.gif it was a good running, solid car!

oh, and thanks for the bourbon! beerchug.gif drunk.gif
MoveQik
Great looking car! There seems to be a lot of nice cars cropping up these days.
Bertus
Thanks Michael, I am jus really happy to have what I feel like is a really solid car, with a tremendous motor for a very decent price. I am just happy to have a 914 again, with very little fuss from the wife, yet!
Bertus
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Aug 17 2005, 06:12 AM)
I'm glad to see the car go to a good home...  :trophy:  it was a good running, solid car!

oh, and thanks for the bourbon!  :beer2:  :DRUNK:

Your welcome Wayne! Let me know if that stuff is any good. I should have brought Clay a bottle as well, but maybe you can let him have a drink out of yours! beer3.gif

Thanks again to both of you guys for checking out the car for me!
cdmcse
Great another 914 near me smilie_pokal.gif. Your car looks really good.

You should join the local PCA Chapter, we have 3 914s already.
Bertus
QUOTE (cdmcse @ Aug 17 2005, 06:34 PM)
Great another 914 near me smilie_pokal.gif. Your car looks really good.

You should join the local PCA Chapter, we have 3 914s already.

Thanks Chris. I swear I have not seen a 914 around here in years! But apparently there are a couple of you guys in the area! Please send me the info on the local PCA, I would be interested in joining.

Thanks!
robby750
Bert, if you can make it to the new Porsche dealership this Sunday between 2 and 4pm, the PCA is having their meeting there. The dealership is hosting just for the members and there will be refreshments. You are welcome to come and someone will have a membership application. I don't make many of the meetings but they are a great bunch of people. I am excited about touring the dealership. It is located at 1868 Plaudit Place (across from Hamburg). Hope you can make it.
cdmcse
QUOTE (robby750 @ Aug 18 2005, 12:07 AM)
Bert, if you can make it to the new Porsche dealership this Sunday between 2 and 4pm, the PCA is having their meeting there. The dealership is hosting just for the members and there will be refreshments. You are welcome to come and someone will have a membership application. I don't make many of the meetings but they are a great bunch of people. I am excited about touring the dealership. It is located at 1868 Plaudit Place (across from Hamburg). Hope you can make it.

agree.gif

You should come to the dealership and we can get you all hooked up with the PCA. I am going to drive my teener.

Check out our website.

Bluegrass Region PCA

(Shameless plug as I'm also the webmaster biggrin.gif )
Bertus
Sounds good! I'll try to make it over. My brother in law works at the new Audi dealership which is right next door I think. Look forward to meeting you guys out there.
Bert
ThemWyatts
Congratulations!! smilie_pokal.gif

The only thing it looks like it needs is................. a driver! driving.gif

Hurry up and get it, take tons of pics!

LOVE the color.. wub.gif

ENJOY!

redshift
QUOTE (robby750 @ Aug 16 2005, 08:06 AM)
(it's the blue one)

dry.gif nevermind..

laugh.gif
ClayPerrine
I appreciate the thought on the Burbon, but I don't drink.

A bottle of Mountain Dew is good though.

Glad you like the car.
Bertus
Sorry about that Clay! All we got to offer in the bluegrass state is bourbon and horses, and the bourbon was a slight bit less expensive than a horse! I agree mountain dew is my caffinated beverage of choice. What do you think of that dash face? Would you leave alone or make stock again? I didn't like at first but it is starting to grow on me.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (Bertus @ Aug 20 2005, 06:41 AM)
Sorry about that Clay! All we got to offer in the bluegrass state is bourbon and horses, and the bourbon was a slight bit less expensive than a horse! I agree mountain dew is my caffinated beverage of choice. What do you think of that dash face? Would you leave alone or make stock again? I didn't like at first but it is starting to grow on me.

The horse probably would have been a better choice. My Wife would have loved it!!

I liked the dash. What I didn't like was the ricey gauge pod on the A-pillar.

Overall a nice car though.

bd1308
we should go out riding, robby I could drive down to lexington and we could all meet somewhere.....

b
ClayPerrine
Betty used to ride dressage. She absolutely loves horses. But get this, I am a Texan and I have NEVER been on a horse. I suggested going horseback riding one time and Betty said "I wouldn't be able to stay on the horse. I would be laughing too hard at you!!!"

bd1308
same here...in KY and i've never been on a horse....

ClayPerrine
Yea, but I have had a few more years than you actually try it.

It's a little easier to try something physical like horseback riding when you are 19 vs when you are 41.

To quote W.C. Fields.. "Go away kid, you bother me." wink.gif
Bertus
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Aug 20 2005, 04:55 AM)
we should go out riding, robby I could drive down to lexington and we could all meet somewhere.....

b

Sounds good. I am probably about a weekend or 2 from having it registered and all that stuff. But once I do I'll be game.

Been on a horse once or twice, that is it. Something about trying to ride something that could squash open your skull without a second thought that just doesn't seem that wise... biggrin.gif
robby750
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Aug 20 2005, 04:55 AM)

b

Drive on down, call me and we'll meet up. 859-321-7332
johnmhudson111
QUOTE (robby750 @ Aug 16 2005, 07:05 AM)
Here is a picture. If you see me or the wife driving it, scream and flag us down. My cell number is 321-7332.

That car looks exactly like my very 1st 914, sweet!!!
johnmhudson111
QUOTE (robby750 @ Aug 16 2005, 07:06 AM)
(it's the blue one)

Does that car have any history from Nashville?
robby750
QUOTE (johnmhudson111 @ Aug 20 2005, 12:13 PM)
QUOTE (robby750 @ Aug 16 2005, 07:06 AM)
(it's the blue one)

Does that car have any history from Nashville?

I believe it was purchased new in Louisville. Then sold to a Doctor in Lexington. I think I am the third owner.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.