Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clutch throw-out arm ball
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
turtleman
OK,

Another roadblock. Never seems to be an easy way.

The ball that is threaded into the transmission case requires a 14mm deep socket to remove it. In my situation the nut only protrudes about 1/8 to 3/32 which is insufficient for my socket to grab without stripping the corners. The walls of my deep socket are too big to fit around the nut portion of this part to allow the socket to drop further to get more grip. Short of grinding my sockets walls down is there another tool that any of you use for this?

Is there a SPECIFIC BRAND of socket that someone has that works?

I have tried vice grips on the nut but again not much too grab onto. I could grab the ball with the vice grips and a piece of inner tube around the ball to protect its surface but wanted to avoid any potential to damage a part which might be difficult to replace.

Any other sure fire ways to get this done, any other tools that you guys who do this for a living use?

Thanks for any help.

Chip
Dr Evil
Dude,
just get a deep 14mm from your FLAPS and bevel the edge with a grinding wheel. Works like a champ and is cheap, too. smilie_pokal.gif

It will leak when you take it off, FYI.

.....back to staring at dead bodies chowtime.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ Aug 15 2005, 09:03 PM)
just get a deep 14mm from your FLAPS and bevel the edge with a grinding wheel. Works like a champ and is cheap, too. smilie_pokal.gif

agree.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.