Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pedal cluster install
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EJP914
First time doing this. Putting in the pedal cluster from Bruce Stone. He does nice work!

I loosened/removed the clutch cable at the trans to give me a bit more room to work on reattaching the cables, but now the cable end at the trans is way off from going back on.

I mistakenly unscrewed the clevis from the end of the cable at the front and I think I may have threaded it back on too far on the cable. I think that's why the cable does not easily just connect back up at the trans.

Should the clevis be put back on a certain number of threads or "x" distance from the cable end? Or doesn't it matter as all cable adjustments should occur at the trans end?

Also, should clutch cable adjustments be made with the clutch pedal down against the floor or should it be in an upright position.?

Many thanks for the advice.

EJP914
76-914
Adjustments are done on the threaded rod at the transmission. Pedal should be up. More importantly, be sure that the clutch and accelerator cables are not crossing over one another i.e. touching. beerchug.gif
iankarr
Sounds like you may not be taking into account the spring of the pedal. The cable won’t reach the transmission lever without a good pull. Be ready with the clevis and nut (or use a helper to pull while you thread it in).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.