Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1972 1.7 Project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
jhynesrockmtn
I've come to the conclusion after 6 years of this car being stored that I just won't get to it in the near future. I've got 3 other 914's that need care and feeding.

I bought this in 2017 from a local lady who's husband had started to buy parts and get the car ready for some rust repair and paint in the 2007/8 time frame. He fell ill and the project stalled. He sadly passed a short time later.

It's a 1972 1.7 car. Originally silver metallic. 11/71 production. From some receipts I have I believe they had owned the car since the early 80's. The odo shows 79,800 miles and from the condition of the interior and their long term ownership, I'd guess that those are original but I have no proof. The interior is that nice though. The only real flaw is the door cards being cut for speakers.

There is some rust in the rear trunk area, left tail light, a spot he cut on the right side sail panel, and the dog legs. The battery tray was cut out and a new one is with the parts. The hell hole and longs look pretty good. I have close to 200 photos I can send to anyone interested with the car on a lift and the rocker covers off.

I have several crates of parts and tried to get photos of everything. Most of the EFI is there. I pulled the injectors to have them tested when I was going through my 1970 1.7 and they were all beyond servicing. The rest of is there except for the fuel pump.

Many of the parts he bought new including a battery tray and some seals are in the crates.

I'm asking $8,000 obo

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
jhynesrockmtn
I also have a 3.2 core, webers that were on this motor and a spare side shift 901 if anyone was thinking 6 conversion starting point.
jhynesrockmtn
icon_bump.gif

$7,000 obo

This car deserves to be back on the road. A few more pics.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
9144me2enjoy
Message/Inquiry sent.
jhynesrockmtn
2 for 1 deal, both for $110k, you decide how much you spent on the 914 :-)

Seriously, open to offers. The 356 isn't for sale but the 914 would make a great winter project.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.