Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Budget rebuild bus 2.0 to 914 2.0 questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nditiz1
I have a 2.0 bus engine (76/77) and would like to rev happily past 5k without problems. Is this as simple as 914 94mm P&C or 96 biggrin.gif and putting some 2.0 914 heads? I realize the check tube is wonky, but does anything need to change to get this to work? Lifters? Pushrods?

Going for the budget build so AA and probably 2.0 AA heads
emerygt350
popcorn[1].gif
porschetub
QUOTE(nditiz1 @ Jul 19 2023, 03:00 PM) *

I have a 2.0 bus engine (76/77) and would like to rev happily past 5k without problems. Is this as simple as 914 94mm P&C or 96 biggrin.gif and putting some 2.0 914 heads? I realize the check tube is wonky, but does anything need to change to get this to work? Lifters? Pushrods?

Going for the budget build so AA and probably 2.0 AA heads

Remember some but most likely not all ;
Flywheel ,wrong off set,need to use 914 one,
Crank pilot output bearing in crank not in the flywheel as 914,can be removed,
Engine tin requires use of 914 parts to fit,
Cooling fan timing points differant so use 914 fan and housing,
Oil filler pipe on bus but not on 914,you can use the bus one but need to cut /close weld it above the dipstick lateral pipe, 914 oil filler breather tower from 914 becomes your new filler,
Most likely forgot sometimg but you get the idea,you need to be really careful and check the bottom end is sound,bus cases take a lot of s#it if it looks ok change the bigend bearings and get the piston pin bushes done sized for your new pins.
You know your stuff so not hard,cheers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.