Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Rubber round relays vs. old oem round relays...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
second wind
Hello family....I bought some of the 914 Rubber round relays when they came out but also have about 20 of the original round relays. For some reason I am having intermittent relay failure in my engine compartment relay board. When I realize that my fuel pump is not going on I swap a few relays and then the pump will run again. The primary theory is that the pins are not making good contact in the board sockets. I have cleaned everything and tried spreading the pins open a bit but still having an occasional failure. I am thinking that using brand new relays should be a better idea than trusting 50 year old relays....what say you?
Thank you very much,
gg
Krieger
Try the 914 Rubber ones. I had a prolem with the ones I bought until I spread the pins on them. Carry spare relays. Don't keep playing musical chairs with your relays you will never be able to narrow down what the problem is.
porschetub
QUOTE(second wind @ Jul 21 2023, 09:50 AM) *

Hello family....I bought some of the 914 Rubber round relays when they came out but also have about 20 of the original round relays. For some reason I am having intermittent relay failure in my engine compartment relay board. When I realize that my fuel pump is not going on I swap a few relays and then the pump will run again. The primary theory is that the pins are not making good contact in the board sockets. I have cleaned everything and tried spreading the pins open a bit but still having an occasional failure. I am thinking that using brand new relays should be a better idea than trusting 50 year old relays....what say you?
Thank you very much,
gg

Good move I had a bag of relays I purchased from a member on here and they all tested fine ,also recieved spare ones when I bought the car ,slowly but surely the number of good ones is reducing.
Pulled a few apart and most had burnt/worn out contacts,took one and removed the guts and bridged the pins as a test relay which turned out to be handy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.