Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bass Shakers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
NARP74
https://www.amazon.com/AuraSound-AST-2B-4-S...52441&psc=1

Has anyone used one of these in a 914 before? I know they get used for theater chairs and couches, you feel the bass, not hear it. Looking for real world experience since the inside is rather small and can be tough to get bass response from. Not looking for a big system, rather hear the road. Just thought these might be worth a try under a seat or two. Where and how did you mount if you have used them?
Front yard mechanic
I just eat beans and leave the window open same effect
NARP74
That was bass shaker, not A$$ shaker! No residue from the first option. It's the origin of the source and direction of travel.
windforfun
They might make you crap in your pants.

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

https://www.healthandbass.com/post/resonant...ies-of-the-body
NARP74
QUOTE(windforfun @ Jul 21 2023, 02:33 PM) *

Some truth to that. 100 Hz is supposed to be able to get you in touch with the Akashic field.
StarBear
The infamous “brown note”. sad.gif
windforfun
IIRC, my grad school acoustics course taught that the average resonant frequency of the human rectum is under 10 Hz. In other words, don't sit on your sub-woofer.

av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
NARP74
QUOTE(windforfun @ Jul 21 2023, 02:59 PM) *

IIRC, my grad school acoustics course taught that the average resonant frequency of the human rectum is under 10 Hz. In other words, don't sit on your sub-woofer.

You forgot the H
Root_Werks
Guess maybe you could build a couple of small wood boxes to go either under or behind the seats? If the goal is to "feel' more than hear.

Would be mute in my 914, rarely use the radio at all. Everything is simply too loud to hear music at an enjoyable level.

driving.gif

windforfun
QUOTE(NARP74 @ Jul 21 2023, 02:01 PM) *

QUOTE(windforfun @ Jul 21 2023, 02:59 PM) *

You forgot the H

?
arbitrary
S h it
windforfun
QUOTE(arbitrary @ Jul 21 2023, 02:27 PM) *

S h it

Thanks. Duh. I’m losing it.

beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif
burton73
I have a great Sub Woofer custom set up done for me by PMB but if you just want boom,boom take a look at this kind of thing. Put it in your spare tire. You will need a amp
in less one of these is set up with extra amp-- Boom, Boom to you.

Bob B
Click to view attachment
NARP74
QUOTE(windforfun @ Jul 21 2023, 03:34 PM) *

QUOTE(arbitrary @ Jul 21 2023, 02:27 PM) *

S h it

Thanks. Duh. I’m losing it.

beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif

Yeah, don't do that on your subwoofer
windforfun
QUOTE(burton73 @ Jul 21 2023, 02:35 PM) *

I have a great Sub Woofer custom set up done for me by PMB but if you just want boom,boom take a look at this kind of thing. Put it in your spare tire. You will need a amp
in less one of these is set up with extra amp-- Boom, Boom to you.

Bob B
Click to view attachment

It’s a great way to loosen your hardware.

smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif
Van B
So much trolling so quickly lol…

Bass shakers need the right substrate or they end up just being buzz/rattle boxes. Basically they seem quick and easy, but unless you’ve designed their placement properly, you won’t like the result.

I put this on the rear shelf of my 911 with some dampening underneath and I have been super happy. Clean sound and minimal space required: https://www.amazon.com/KICKER-46HS10-Compac...r/dp/B083M9HR4D
NARP74
QUOTE(Van B @ Jul 21 2023, 03:48 PM) *

So much trolling so quickly lol…

Bass shakers need the right substrate or they end up just being buzz/rattle boxes. Basically they seem quick and easy, but unless you’ve designed their placement properly, you won’t like the result.

Ya, this did not go the direction I thought it would. Entertaining though.
Thanks for the thought, maybe I will pass for now. Just thinking outside the (sub) box for a minute...
windforfun
Get a high quality sub that doesn’t need a box. Put in place of glove box with thick foam backing. Buy the most powerful amp you can find & mount in front trunk. Play with amp output phase relative to main sound system. Lots of power is the way to go for both systems especially with the top off. My two cents.
NARP74
Nice night, no rain, think I'll go for a drive, no tunes. Not quite a Haiku, needs work.
emerygt350
Yeah, wish mine still had the original radio and speakers. I never use the radio. Car is too noisy. Same with the mustang. I just can't have all that wind noise and listen to tunes comfortably. I did get a Bluetooth phone transmitter thing so I can run the phone through it. Quite nice for Google maps. Probably don't want to listen to that through my butt.
FlacaProductions
I followed @bbrock and how he did his install and am VERY happy with this self-powered sub in the footwell. Put the carpet back and you can't even tell it's there.
Click to view attachment
burton73
Boom, Boom Boom clean

Bob B

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
NARP74
Your build is next level Bob. Does the sub get stepped on?
PCH
Agreed-that is a beautiful interior. Very nice!
Chris H.
My dad bought a 1993 Miata SE new that had a thumper in the seat frame. Kind of a weird sensation until you get used to it. Had no idea it looked like this underneath:

Miata Seat Back Thumper

gandalf_025
i bought my 914 just over 50 years ago and about 49 years ago I
unplugged the radio and used the power feed for a Radar Detector.
The radio has NEVER been powered up since that day..
Car was always too loud for a radio.....
bkrantz
Count this as more trolling, but I just can't imagine combining good audio systems and 914s. Between ambient noise and the thrill of driving a vehicle designed with 60 year old technology, it's not worthwhile--IMO.

But, as always, do what you want with your car!
burton73
QUOTE(NARP74 @ Jul 22 2023, 09:30 AM) *

Your build is next level Bob. Does the sub get stepped on?

Yes it does but this makes it work

Bob B

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.