Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: SS Muffler 1.8 Like New
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
jim_hoyland
Bought this SS muffler a few months ago and used it until my Bursch was refinished.it’s still like new
I have added the 911 exhaust pipe tip.
This muffler fits the 914 rear valance.
$500 + ship; prefer a local pick up.
Will add 2 videos shortly smile.gif
jim_hoyland

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uspLAtlS86A
jim_hoyland
Nuther:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YebbN1fYfKI
rhodyguy
Is that muffler for 1.7/1.8 or 2.0 HEs Jim? Hope this helps with the sale.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jul 22 2023, 03:05 PM) *

Is that muffler for 1.7/1.8 or 2.0 HEs Jim? Hope this helps with the sale.

Thanks Kevin; The muffler is for my 1.8
Here’s a shameless pic of the Bursch… biggrin.gif
jim_hoyland
Muffler is in like new condition and well built. Price is 1/2 what I have into it
mxkinn01
Jim,
That SS muffler sounds loader in the videos than the Bursch you and I have on our cars, is that true? How and what was done to the Bursch It looks great?
Thanks
Mike
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(mxkinn01 @ Jul 28 2023, 06:31 AM) *

Jim,
That SS muffler sounds loader in the videos than the Bursch you and I have on our cars, is that true? How and what was done to the Bursch It looks great?
Thanks
Mike

I spent a couple of months SS restoring the Bursch.
The SS muffler is a tad louder at start up; once the cars moving, I don’t hear anything lounder than the Bursch. The video was taken in the alley behind my garage where all sounds echo of the buildings and tend to sound louder.
I think the 914 Rubber SS muffler is well made. With the corrected exhaust outlet, it fits the 914 valance. I also had a 911 Chrome tip added.
For the price, it’s a bargain..

mxkinn01
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jul 28 2023, 06:54 AM) *

QUOTE(mxkinn01 @ Jul 28 2023, 06:31 AM) *

Jim,
Thanks
Mike

I spent a couple of months SS restoring the Bursch.
The SS muffler is a tad louder at start up; once the cars moving, I don’t hear anything lounder than the Bursch. The video was taken in the alley behind my garage where all sounds echo of the buildings and tend to sound louder.
I think the 914 Rubber SS muffler is well made. With the corrected exhaust outlet, it fits the 914 valance. I also had a 911 Chrome tip added.
For the price, it’s a bargain..

I agree Jim, its a great price. But you know me, I want to keep my 73 as close to stock as I can, but finding an original 73 1.7 (in good shape) muffler has proven to be difficult. Did you just blast and paint the Bursch or use some other method?
jim_hoyland
Sold…. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.