Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Progress on our Vert project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jake Raby
Here are a few of the pics... When its all said and done it will have my Super 2 Liter engine installed with Direct fire and EFI and every damn thing that can be made in Carbon Fiber installed..... Plus all digital instruments, Satellite radio, GPS and Air Conditioning!!!

user posted image

This is Beth's new daily driver- I HAVE to get her out of that DAMN radiator laden, plastic Trail Blazer so I agreed to build her this bad ass 79 convertible and make it all modern as long as she would drive it daily!!!

It has 4 wheel disc brakes, MAXX Struts and the works.. Wheels are from a 2003 Boxster and so is the steering wheel.

user posted image

She and I have been building thecar together from the tear down all the way through the engine build so it has been a fun project so far.

This car isn't for show- although I'm sure it *could* win a few. Its all about being drivable and more modern and being used as a daily driver- the way it should be.

Its "only" going to have a 110 HP engine with a 5,000 RPM redline- but it should attain 45+ MPG with it's "super 2 Liter" installed..... Not bad for a girls car, huh???

Here is a shot of some engine parts (Thats RAT Superfinishing- Not CHROME plated!! (yes it has a very good purpose for this engine)
user posted image
messix
jeez Jake, 110hp and your using H beem rods?[are they carillo?] whadda ya gonna hit it with 110 shot of nitrous?
Jake Raby
Don't lettem fool ya... Those are from 3 different engines that scattered over the years....

All those parts are used and were not usable in customer's engines! (you'd never know it)

NOS is not out of the question-

There is no such thing as over kill-
messix
do you have any shots of the big end? looks like you've made them real lite.
whats the weight on those?
Jake Raby
500ish grams.... I have lightened them a tad, but not much...

I was tempted to install a set of my Titanium rods into it simply for more weigh reduction- they weigh 270 grams boldblue.gif

BUT a Turbo Intercooled project is screaming for the only set I have on the shelf!
messix
the TI would be alot $s to try to regain in fuel savings.

more fun in a quick reving high rpm motor, mid stroke for torque plus rpm biggrin.gif
Jake Raby
Yep- This powerband will be so smooth that you'll neverguess that your driving a VW!
messix
hey Jake. how clean do you think this will sniff for smog?

sounds like it has all the stuff to burn real clean.
turtleman
Nice looking bug, Jake. I know there is one gal who can't wait for that project to be done!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.