Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sad News : Scott Amenson - Passed Away
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914forme
I will start by saying I wish I never had to type this post. Scott was a great friend, we shared many wonderful moments working together and I will cherish them always.

Linked is Scott's obituary - https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/...menson-11377554

I was at his place yesterday helping as best I could. His tools, cars, and other items are being well cared for and have homes with people who cheers Scott's legacy. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers as well as his wife, family, and friends.

Maybe later I will jot down what he truly meant to me, right now, I am still in shock.
914werke
sad.gif
tygaboy
Oh man, so sorry to hear this. And so young...
SirAndy
sad.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(914forme @ Jul 23 2023, 08:43 AM) *

Going to re-post this here so it isn't lost ...

IPB Image

OBITUARY

Scott Steven Amenson, 47, passed unexpectedly on July 18, 2023. He worked as an engineer but had many hobbies. Scott enjoyed snowboarding, soccer, motor sports, and working on cars. His family remembers him always tinkering in his large garage on various projects for himself and others. He was a passionate guy and found solace in bonsai trees.

Scott was a great husband, brother, son, and dog dad to Karmann. He will be greatly missed by all who knew him. In lieu of gifts or flowers, please consider a donation in memory of Scott to Hand-Me-Down Dobes https://www.paypal.com/donate/?hosted_butto...d=6UPLD5CZ34TFJ

Geezer914
So sad, for someone that young. RIP.
burton73
So sorry for the loss of a friend. It never gets easier, but may his memory be a blessing for all that knew him.

This is one of the hardest things with getting older. I have lost 5 people that where a big part of my life in the last 3 years.

Best to all,

Bob B

Montreal914
So sad, so young... sad.gif
Mueller
This is horrible news, I didn't really know Scott all that well but we did have PM conversations about our projects now and then.

RIP
Chris H.
Wow sorry to hear that Stephen. Very sad news.
infraredcalvin
RIP
Shivers
Rest In Peace.
mb911
Gosh so very young terrible
Cairo94507
Way to young; RIP. sad.gif
Aerostatwv
I'm in total shock, way too young. Scott was kind enough to allow me to ride with him at my first Okteenerfest several years ago, my car was unable to make the trip. It was always a treat to stop by his house to see what he was tinkering on. His attention to detail and incredible craftsmanship left an indelible mark.

RIP my friend, you will be missed!

Chris
VaccaRabite
He was my age.
This is nuts. :-( I'm having a hard time formulating something reasonable to say here. Its just shocking.

Zach
r_towle
To young, terrible.

RIP
Dr Evil
I am absolutely crushed. He was active, my age, a great dude. I always enjoyed swinging by his place. Damn it.
Dion
So sorry for your loss Stephen.
That is devastating for his family.
Tough to give words of comfort.
So sad.
76-914
RIP
ChrisFoley
Scott will be greatly missed.
So sad. sad.gif
My condolences to the family.
CptTripps
I'm absolutely speechless.

DrEvil just texted me this.

I was talking to him on the 17th all day long, and then he didn't respond to my text yesterday. No big deal...he took a day or two sometimes.

Scott was the most talented fabricator and engineer I'd ever met, and he was a good friend. He took my car so much farther than I would have ever been able to on my own. When I handed things over to him for Grey Matter, he reassured me it was in good hands. It truly was.

We talked a LOT over the next 10 years, and he was always quick to offer sage advice on whatever the issue was. Truly gifted engineer.

I'm literally at a loss right now. Holy shit.
jd74914
Wow, so sad. Way too young.

I always enjoyed seeing his projects (whether person or for others) and conversing, especially the back and forth on intimate details of Bosch ABS systems. Really sharp dude.
theer
Oh man. This sucks.

I had the pleasure of meeting Scott (and his wife) in person during my tenure as custodian of Grey Matter. He was a gifted engineer, always willing to help out and a share his knowledge and excitement. For that I will miss him most.

RIP, Scott. RIP.

Bullethead
So sorry for your loss... far too young. Condolences to his friends and family. sad.gif
ValcoOscar
Oh man...this sucks

I've been MIA for a bit due to a move so coming back and seeing this is so SAD.

Scott and I spoke several times, and he came to my business to pick up some items years ago. Cool dude...and yes...so young

RIP

Oscar
914dave
Sad news, condolences for the family. RIP
campbellcj
Very sad to see this. Love that his dog is named Karmann. RIP sir.
Literati914
Had a few back and forth PMs with Scott - he helped me track down some parts - and tbh, the impression that I was left with, was that he seemed to go out of his way to help. Sorry to hear about this and prayers sent for his family.

FL000
Sorry to hear this - left way too soon.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.