Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Haltech E6X Controlling 914 1.7 Liter
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rotary914
I have a RX-7 with a E6X that is running very well.
I plan to put a rotary engine in my 914, but it is probably 2 years away.

I would like to run the 914
- stock 1.7 Liter 4 cyllinder air cooled, type 4 engine
- being controlled with the E6X.
My stock FI System is tired - it will run much better once it's tuned with the E6X if possible.
And then I can keep the same E6X to run the rotary.

Has anyone done an air cooled engine with an E6X?
Would I somehow use the coolant map for head temperature changes??
Any setup help will be much appreciated

Steve
Mueller
the Haltech does not care if it's water or air cooled....

you should be able to use the stock CHT since most of the Bosch and GM sensors pretty much overlap correctly for fuel enrichment (I'm using the stock CHT with my Link and it works fine).....

The watertemp/CHT is only used while the motor is cold.

I know a few aircooled 911 guys with Haltechs and one 914 guy with a Haltech, but he is running a rotary so not much help smile.gif
Mueller
I do recommend running it MAP+TPS, I was trying to run mine only on MAP (only) and then only on Vacuum (only)and I didn't like the idle qualities, once I installed a TPS it was much better.

You should be able to use all of the stock components except the TPS and depending on the setup of the E6X, you might need ballast resistors for the stock injectors.

Mark Henry
Most guys mount the temp sensor up under the cylinders.

My SDS is on an almost stock 1.8, runs good.

Jeroen
I'm sure TimT will chime in
(if not, try contacting him)

The shop he's connected to is a Halltech dealer
TimT
You rang?

We have installed E6X, E11X on all manner of cars yes you could easily use an E6X to control a 1.7

We actually just finished a Mazda 12B turbo using the E6, it sounds like its making impressive power. Dyno time this week I think

Mike mentions you need to change the stock TPS, that should be a snap

We use the coolant correction maps for changes in oil temp, hadnt really though about mixture correction on the fly based on cht..

We see very stable egts on our 3.8 turbo engine while under boost, so I dont think basing a correction map on cht is warranted. the coolant maps are basically active only during warmup

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.