Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone in the vicinity of Rancho Cucamonga???
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jake Raby
Don't ask why..... You'll see soon enough.

BUT all I'll say is the end result will be one fine product for the teener that was once available but is no longer as a mass produced unit (affordable).

The car MUST have a TIV engine installed and needs to run.

We'll need the car for 2 weeks to make a prototype and I'll rent it from you if you want....

If anyone is interested- PM me and I'll shell out the details
Britain Smith
I think I know where this is going. Let me know if I can help.

-Britain
skline
Aaron is in Corona which isnt that far away, Toast and Slits are both up in that area and I think Brando is also not too far from there.
Jake Raby
Britain - You are on the right track..

I have something up my sleeve for sure. A few new developments will make it happen much easier too!

Maybe those guys in the area can dig me up a car.....

I also could use a 912E to borrow as well.......
smilie_pokal.gif
Bleyseng
Oh no, Jake is gonna make those damn nerf bars again for us!
Joe Ricard
Damn you could definately use the Red Neck Racer. But logistics would be a pain. Hey come on down to South town We can give these Type R Integra powered Civics a good thrashing. Already got them running scared.
phantom914
If you need a completely stock 2.0 with D-jet, I am not too far from Rancho. Let me know..............I'm probably the closest that either has a running one or does not depend solely on a 914 for daily transportation (like AA-Ron).

I can certainly afford to be without it for a couple of weeks (or more).

You're not picky about the color are you? rolleyes.gif

Andrew
Jake Raby
It doesn't matter what size or tune the engine is... It will only be used for fitting purposes of something on the under side......
grantsfo
I can provide my very clean 1974 914 to that location whenever you would like. Rental cost, which would be lost opportunity time for me, will be $1000 per week. Transportation cost from Northern California will be $1200. If you are going to fit anything to the car there will be a molestation fee of $500 per incident. If testing of this said product is required on the car there will be a prototype development fee of $850. Just know I provide the very best in loaner 914's in California and my service cannot be matched by anyone. So dont leave loaner job to just anyone make an investment in a true professional 914 loaner service that wont let you down. Just know if you go the cheap route you could end up with a smelly oil puking car or a drunk owner or someone who copies your prototype and sends it off to China.

Grant's Professional Type 4 914 Loaner Service. wink.gif biggrin.gif
Britain Smith
QUOTE (Jake Raby @ Aug 15 2005, 11:54 PM)
Britain - You are on the right track..

I have something up my sleeve for sure. A few new developments will make it happen much easier too!

Maybe those guys in the area can dig me up a car.....

I also could use a 912E to borrow as well.......
smilie_pokal.gif

Why do you also need a 912E? I know that he had a 912 there a little while back.

-Britain
SLITS
Jake,

If you need a '73 2.0 D-Jet...dead ass stock....It's a driver...I can arrange one if it can be done before or after the Red Rocks Classic.

Car in Riverside...about 10 miles from RC.

Ron
Recycler Core
TonyBray
Jake,

Will a 912 with a type 4 work? I think you are planning on calling me anyway... I have the "other" part you need.

--Tony
Jake Raby
Okay guys!!

I have my loaner!

You are REALLY gonna like the outcome of this little endeavor.

Tony,
I really need that SOCAL 912E, do you know anyone that could just drive one by for some measurements? All my "E" customers are in NORCAL....

Also its my understanding that SLITS let you borrow a certain components that I'd like to get some measurements off of for another "related project"... Can you let me borrow it?
Cap'n Krusty
Allriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Single Holly Weber kits are coming back!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Cap'n
Jake Raby
NOW THAT IS FUNNY!!!!
TonyBray
Jake,

I have a stock 912E available for you. Contact me with the location and all. I have complete dimensions and specs for the "other" thing that should get you what you need. I will try and call you tonight.

--Tony
Aaron Cox
If your 914 deal falls through, gimme a call. have a DD + the 914....

AA
Jake Raby
Cool, Thanks guys...

Tony- I'll be up all night woking on the sealants handbook trying to finish it-You know the number to "The RAT Phone" so ring me up!
Katmanken
All Right!!!!

My money is on Jake having complete carbon fiber rustproof bodies available for us in a coupla weeks.... happy11.gif

Either that or ceramic muffler bearings.... idea.gif

Or mebbe the ever popular sodium filled cylinder head sealing rings..... icon8.gif

Ken
Jake Raby
It's better blink.gif

But even after "this part" is done I'll have a whole lot more to do to get it all worked out...
Twystd1
I have used some of the ceramic muffler bearings that the IMSA guys use.
Picked up 7.23 percent torque and 1.2 percent HP. With that addition alone.

I was goin to use the early IRL unobtanium bearings but I think Raby cornered the market on em for some future project.

Aaron proclaims the gefeltamettal muffler and water pump bearing make his TYPE IV much more responsive....

Let me check with Skline on that...
Will get back to you all in a bit with an update.... wink.gif

Twystd1

screwy.gif ohmy.gif wacko.gif unsure.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.