Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carburetor rebuild services
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ahycaramba
Sharing my buddies craftsmanship. I highly recommend him for any air cooled carb restoration. Ventura Ca area. 1 (805) 304-2129. also on Facebook
"Rick
Hunt
Industries"

Another set crossed off the chalkboard, this is a turnkey setup, 36 Dells, I would say they were in a normal good used condition, one of the throttle shafts was frozen and actually had the Dell drip in all four barrels in which I made a permanent repair, he's got the works, new complete Italian rebuild kits, Vapor blasted bodies and all aluminum components, everything shined up real nice, these will be installed in a mild performance VW engine.
Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=882
784]Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
GBX0073
Rick is an outstanding upfront Guy!!!
The quality of his work sells itself.
Feel it was a solid investment for my Car

These Dell 40's shipped out today. flag.gif
930cabman
I would almost hate to install these on any engine, better on display in my home

aktion035.gif aktion035.gif
rhodyguy
How much? Not to include any shipping. I have a set of Dels that need to be gone through. On the fence to run them rather than my 44s.
GBX0073
Reach out to him /Mine were bought outright so your price would be different.
having him rebuilt what you have or a trade in
nditiz1
QUOTE(GBX0073 @ Jul 26 2023, 08:09 AM) *

What was the price on them outright?
Root_Werks
Those look nice!
nditiz1
Pulled this info from his samba ad

I can rebuild your DRLA/IDF/DCNF carb ($350 a pair IDF/DRLA) ($380 a pair DCNF), plus kit if needed, IDA carbs ($400 a pair), plus kit, Dellorto dhla/Weber dcoe $220 ea plus kit, inc complete disassembly to the throttle shaft and bearings all jets are checked for sizing, pre adjustments and float adj's are performed,
Also now included in my rebuilds, bench balance of each carb barrel to flow equal vacuum before they get shipped back to you utilizing my EZ SYNC bench flow tool
ndfrigi
Thanks again Buddy Al for sharing!
rhodyguy
Thank you. Very informative.
GBX0073
QUOTE(nditiz1 @ Jul 26 2023, 10:21 AM) *

QUOTE(GBX0073 @ Jul 26 2023, 08:09 AM) *

What was the price on them outright?

Close to the price of new Redline webers
I think you're getting a lot of Value working through Rick
Sparkling Clean ready to go floats adjusted /bench flow set and tested.
and the Dellorto design
rhodyguy
PS, if your filters are K&Ns, they should be pinkish in color after you put the oil on them. If black/darker, they need to be cleaned, AIR dried and re-oiled. A regular maintenance item.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.