Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD, SOLD Porsche 930S Steering wheel 360 mm
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
burton73
Porsche 930S Steering wheel, New just sitting for a number of years. Current price from Pelican is $900. Plus the cost of enamel Porsche Crest from 356 hood. 360MM

Horn part from 914 included

I pay the UPS or USPO to lower 48. $700.

Bob B Burton
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
technicalninja
That is beautiful!

Will it fit on a late 914 steering column?

That's a bunch of money for a wheel but WOW!

I'm Tempted devil.gif
burton73
QUOTE(technicalninja @ Jul 26 2023, 01:53 PM) *

That is beautiful!

I'm Tempted devil.gif

@Steve from Orange County, CA has the same wheel on his Blue 3.2 915 914-6 conversion ad it’s a 1975

Maybe he will chime in

Bob B
Steve
QUOTE(burton73 @ Jul 26 2023, 02:10 PM) *

QUOTE(technicalninja @ Jul 26 2023, 01:53 PM) *

That is beautiful!

I'm Tempted devil.gif

@Steve from Orange County, CA has the same wheel on his Blue 3.2 915 914-6 conversion ad it’s a 1975

Maybe he will chime in

Bob B

I have the AJ USA cheaper version. It's a 911 wheel, but the splines are the same and it fit my 75 914.
Steve
The real Porsche 930S wheel will also fit. The ATIWE AJUSA wheels are no longer available. I got mine used at a swap meet.
technicalninja
PM sent.
burton73
QUOTE(Steve @ Jul 27 2023, 07:54 PM) *

The real Porsche 930S wheel will also fit. The ATIWE AJUSA wheels are no longer available. I got mine used at a swap meet.

I had a ATIWE wheel in my 86 Cab Carrera that my buddy Danny /Dax in Belgium now has. That wheel needed a hub that was $80 back then Click to view attachment

note on that wheel the bottom leg did not have the groov
burton73
I believe this is sold to technicalninja
Steve says this fits. I will measure it as soon as I get to my shop today

Best Bob b
burton73
QUOTE(burton73 @ Jul 28 2023, 10:18 AM) *

I believe this is sold to technicalninja
Steve says this fits. I will measure it as soon as I get to my shop today

Best Bob b

looks like 3/4 of inch. 40 count on 930 s wheel and same as 1972 wheel 914- 4 that i have I will post the pictures of each one on world as I can’t sent back photos back to you

Thanks Bob Burton
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
technicalninja
Oh Boy!
I've got it BAD...

Payment sent.

Just gotta keep telling myself.

I will not see another in a 914.

It should always be worth $700 as long as I keep it mint.

And NO RINGS AT ALL when ANYONE drives the car.

I'm going to be a steering wheel bitch!
Cairo94507
I had that wheel on my last 914-6 and loved it. You got lucky I did not see that for sale first- I would have grabbed it. That's OK. I got another project I am tied up with. Enjoy that beautiful wheel. beerchug.gif
technicalninja
I can't wait to see the wheel and the crest.

Looks like a piece of jewelry!

Now I've got to find another for the hood...

Nice to know another member would have jumped too.

Not so nice to know that there's another car with one already... beerchug.gif

Cairo, I'll keep you on mind if I ever need to part ways with it.

It's going on my stupid nice 75 first but it will end up on the 76 916 clone I own in the end.

My son will probably end up with it after I'm gone.

And now I need to find some unicorn skin driving gloves to go with it...
Cairo94507
Thank you very much. Great steering wheels. beerchug.gif
technicalninja
Received at 1:58.

Clean hands to surgeon status and opened box.

My wife Paula really liked the extra kitchen stuff.

We have chickens and the tiny white chicken on the egg carrier is a nice touch!

Fitted wheel by 2:05. Fits tightly on splines, Perfect!

One issue I will have to modify is the extension of the metal basket between the wheel and the mounting hub. It mounts the wheel approx 2" closer to the driver.

I wanted to mount the wheel a bit closer to the driver but initially it appears too far.

The P-wagon is next door in my dad's shop which is NOT air-conditioned like mine.

We're 110 right now and dad's shop was closed up so maybe 125 ish.

I started to sweat...

On the exquisite wheel!!!!

Cleaned it off and put it back into packaging (which was nice). Going to play with it more tomorrow morning when it 80 or so.

Super happy.

Thanks Bob!
Osnabruck914
I'm not a big fan of anything but the stock steering wheel on 914s, BUT I GOTTA ADMIT that is one beautiful wheel and really a nice mod from stock !!! Envious to say the least!

Osnabruck914
Steve
technicalninja
Fitment status:
Mounting it on the steering column is a no-brainer. It fits the splines fine and has plenty of shaft available for the washer and nut.

It places wheel 2.5" closer to driver. It's just far enough that activation of the levers for turn signals/wiper washer is a stretch.

Needs to be 1" closer to the dash.

The turn signal cancel cam/horn ring fits perfectly on the back of the wheel, mounting holes align at correct clocking!

It is 1" away from where it needs to be so I'm going to have my son 3D print me an adaptor. This adaptor will also cover the 1" gap that this wheel creates.

Bob included extra fitment parts, but his extender does not look like it will work without serious modification.

I'm going to leave the extended distance alone for now. This car is being built to allow my 84-year-old father some final time in a 914 and the close steering wheel may work great for him.

The hood crest is PERFECT for this wheel, it's even curved properly but it is too small for a hood emblem IMO.

I've got to find a bigger one for the hood on this car. Needs to be the early orange one...
Not a real one, a repop is what I'm looking for.

These wheels do actually bolt on, but some assemble will be required to make everything work.

Still ecstatic about the purchase!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.