Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Install
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gordong
Hello,
I am getting ready to install the engine back in my 75. I have new axles to install. Questions are, should I install the engine without the axles in place? Is there room to put the stub ends and axles in as one with engine and trans in place? Also does the stub ends get packed with grease?

Thank you.

Gordon
JeffBowlsby
No on the axles. Engine/Trans assembly as one, then axles. Pack those CV joints with CV grease.
friethmiller
I installed my axles before installing the engine/transmission. This is doable with a little bit of juggling getting the motor-trans past the axles. I'm not sure about putting the axles in after, like Jeff is recommending. I'm sure he's also correct and is an easier option.
Gordong
Thanks Jeff! My cv joints came packed. When I put the ends on do I fill the cavity with grease?
Shivers
QUOTE(Gordong @ Jul 26 2023, 04:25 PM) *

Thanks Jeff! My cv joints came packed. When I put the ends on do I fill the cavity with grease?

A call to the cv joint manufacturer may let you know if you want to replace the grease now while it is easy. smile.gif
mlindner
I have the axles in with CV's done, cover with plastic bag or rubber gloves. While installing engine/trans can easily be moved left and right for axle fitment. Install exhaust or headers last. Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.