Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chicagoland Rust Repair Shop Recommendation
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kupcar
Hi Boys. Been kicking around bringing my 73 1.7 out of long term storage. The car will need the typical rust repairs. For sure pans and longitudinals. Some bubbling on the cowl as well. Anyone in the Chicago area have a body shop recommendation. Someone familiar with these cars. I’ll probably strip the car to the tub before bringing it in for the work. Thanks for the help.
Dave_Darling
Can you take it as far as East Peoria? Brad Mayeur at 914 Ltd has been working on 914s since they were new.

--DD
kupcar
Not a problem trailering it to Peoria. I’ll have to reach out to Brad. I was under the impression that he was doing more mechanical repairs than bodywork these days.
FlacaProductions
He's got a guy...I just can't find it right now.
Chris H.
Yes he’s got another guy that does bodywork and rust repair. Very high quality. Can’t go wrong with 914LTD.
GBX0073
Can't say enough. great things about Brad and his Support Crew !!!

QUOTE(Chris H. @ Jul 26 2023, 10:03 PM) *

Yes he’s got another guy that does bodywork and rust repair. Very high quality. Can’t go wrong with 914LTD.

kupcar
I’ve sent out an inquiry to Brad via email. Good to know he has a body guy to do rust repairs. I’d love to get the tub sorted!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.