Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need a R/C GT car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PanelBilly
I need to get a toy to build. Anybody know where I could find one. Looking for one of the larger models
914sgofast2
I found a clear plastic 1/10th scale body on eBay that was being sold by a company in Germany. But I have never seen a complete kit for making an RC Porsche 914. You will have to scratch build one.
burton73
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-914...-rc-bodies.html

I remember some of the guys offering body’s up for sale from my guess 2007-2012 here on World

I have a nice used Vacuform machine to pull the bodies if the tooling for a pull into form is around. One can be made from an old one or today can they be made in 3-d replicator?

Bob B

mepstein
Pretty easy. Buy a tamiya Rc car and then just switch the body to this one.
mgphoto
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Jul 29 2023, 10:01 AM) *

I need to get a toy to build. Anybody know where I could find one. Looking for one of the larger models

This is the chassis to use.

Click to view attachment

This is what the finished product kinda looks like.

Click to view attachment
Steve
I thought it was the M04L Tamiya chassis
https://www.ebay.com/itm/204256375113?mkcid...&media=COPY
I bought all the parts, but I am saving it for a retirement project.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jul 29 2023, 04:11 PM) *

Pretty easy. Buy a tamiya Rc car and then just switch the body to this one.

I took part in the group buy and sent the body off to David McLaughlin I think his name was. He painted it exactly like my actual car. Oh, and it rips!
burton73
I ordered one of these and 914-gt stickers from Germany as well as trying to get a couple of bodies sent to me from Germany

The wheels work great for a clone of #41

Bob B

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.