Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stainless heat exchangers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Verruckt
I got another load of parts, with some pretty damn cool stuff. One of the items that was "thrown in" to seal the deal was some stainless heat exchangers.

Does anyone know who makes these, or some like them? They are a bit dirty, but in excellent shape. No dents or.. I'd like to know a bit more about them if anyone knows. Thanks.

Verruckt
lkjuh
Verruckt
qwe
Verruckt
qwe
rhodyguy
i can see the kick up at the muffler end in the one picture. those would be the 1.7/1.8 flavor. choose your muffler setup with that in mind.

k
Verruckt
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Aug 16 2005, 12:20 PM)
i can see the kick up at the muffler end in the one picture. those would be the 1.7/1.8 flavor. choose your muffler setup with that in mind.

k

I was actually gonna save up and go with the tangerine special biggrin.gif

Not totally sure though. Might get these tanked and hold on to em, or who knows. I was curious about manufacturers. Can't find any markings at all on these.
Maltese Falcon
Morew than likely made by SSI , they are somewhere in NorCal (Novato ?). They are big on 911 HBs, a solid QC reputation ,and were sold by Automotion and PB Tweeks many years ago. Dansk makes SS HBs for the six- not sure about the 4s
Marty
Verruckt
Thanks for the info guys. I'll check into it and see.
ruddyboys
I am going to need a set of SS within the next few months. What is the going price these days.
markb
I just bought a set off the board here for $150.00
Verruckt
Are there two types of these? I thought somewhere before, I had seen some that had steel pipes, but stainless heater boxes. The ones that I have are stainless/stainless. Or did they all come that way?
SGB
Those look like SSI (from Novato) alright. Mine didn'thave any id on the he itself either. I think there are (or have been) about three different ones made. SSI definately is the best. I think all of 'em I've heard about were all stainlesss steel. Only non-SS i've heard of were ebay scams.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.