Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3 litre six drivers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
goose2
What rear springs are being used on a 3.0 CIS car for street use? I'm running a 2.4 carbed six now and will be installing a 3.0 with CIS FI. Anybody know how much more weight I'll be taking on? I'm happy with 140 lb. rears now....ride and handling are just fine for a street car but I can't afford much reduction in ride height ...I have Koni sport adjustables w/o adj. ride height. I prefer softer springing with heavier damping. boldblue.gif Do you think the 140's will do the job or should I be shopping for something else?
SirAndy
250 lbs and mueller roller bearings ...

feels *very* smooth!
boldblue.gif Andy
Jacques
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Aug 16 2005, 09:28 AM)
250 lbs ...
boldblue.gif  Andy

icon14.gif Who makes the 250 spring?
TimT
My car is 3.2 powered

I have 450# springs in front
and 350# springs in back

the car is track only!
TravisNeff
You can get them from paragon for about $60 You need to run the threaded collars though.
xitspd
I run 400 lb springs in the rear for racing and 275 lb springs in the rear for the street in my 914-6 3.6.....
ken914
I wouldn't go over a 140 - 180 lb spring on a street car. I have 180s on my 3.2 six with flares. It makes for a reasonably supple street car, but also a fun handling car when pushed.

Set your suspension up right, with good sway bars, and reinforce the dog ears. Good to go.

Too many people raise the spring rates and forget that the stock chassis is just a big spring. Why use the chassis for a spring when you can use the springs.
dekman
Randy, I have a 3.0L/webers and use 200-250 rear street...any more than that and the rear becomes a rock. Track... I agree with 350-400. Front I run 22mm hollow torsion bars/with a 23mm sway bar. Good luck, robert d.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.