Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Engine Lids w/o Grills
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
PCA7GGR
A 1st - I’ve got a nice stock of grills but no lids.

If you have bare lids collecting dust, I’m in the market. Shipping is expensive, so being in the SF Bay Area a plus. Thanks
Shivers
QUOTE(PCA7GGR @ Jul 30 2023, 08:54 AM) *

A 1st - I’ve got a nice stock of grills but no lids.

If you have bare lids collecting dust, I’m in the market. Shipping is expensive, so being in the SF Bay Area a plus. Thanks

If you happen to have a damaged grill, I need two 6” pieces of grill. If not now please keep me in mind in case you have something for me in the future. Thanks and sorry only a first draft on the lid. It is already cut but decided to use my stock one instead.

Click to view attachment

A little touch up and paint on the outside.

Click to view attachment

If you can use the black one maybe we can work something out.

Shivers
Click to view attachment

This is the area I speak off
PCA7GGR
I’ve got two side grills and a large piece of center grill. They should be more tha enough.

Click to view attachment
Ottomotion
I have a white one,,,no grills.
In fresno but my kid is in Stockton. can get it that far....
PCA7GGR
Ottomotion,

PM sent - thanks

Shivers
QUOTE(PCA7GGR @ Jul 30 2023, 03:26 PM) *

Ottomotion,

PM sent - thanks

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Ottomotion
Not gonna win any beauty contests. Hinge is bent but not broken. Should bend back
PCA7GGR
Ottomotion

I’ve got A solid Momo hub - “8002” that I believe fits ‘72-‘76 914s. Click to view attachment
Ottomotion
Perfect!

Check messages....
Tom1394racing
I have a bare lid available. PM me for details.
GregAmy
If you get desperate...I have one in CT. You already got the grill out of it.
PCA7GGR
Thanks - I may need it later.
davep
What is the cost of shipping like on these lids? How are they normally packed? I have 6 or 7 lids here, and would be interested in having 2 converted lids come back.
Craigers17
QUOTE(davep @ Aug 1 2023, 03:22 PM) *

What is the cost of shipping like on these lids? How are they normally packed? I have 6 or 7 lids here, and would be interested in having 2 converted lids come back.

I shipped Sergio a lid and grill combo from Georgia to California a month or so ago, and I think it cost about $55 going UPS Ground. In order to pack it, I broke down a U-Haul garment box and custom made a flatter box ....so to speak. I'm sure shipping costs will vary, especially if you're shipping across the border.
PCA7GGR
Craig,

Thanks for providing your "on the spot" cost.

I'll contact Dave via PM - with that many lids, putting them on a pallet and singing a truck shipper might be more cost effective.

With Yellow Freight declaring bankruptcy, shipping rates are predicted to go up even more.
IronHillRestorations
I have 6-8 but I’m in east TN
Montreal914
I have one. Los Angeles county.
PCA7GGR
Thanks, I'll keep you in mind. Currently, shipping is an issue.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.