Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 5 pt harness with early passenger seat
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
Since my wife has joined the SCCA she has been doing a lot of ride alongs with me when I AX. I currently have a 5 point for me but is there any way to install one with the fixed early passenger seat. I'm not using a harness bar, I have my harness mounted directly to the fire wall. Is the harness bar the best way to go for the passenger? I don't want to change out the back pad and add the seat bracket for a moveable passenger seat. Your thoughts???
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (itsa914 @ Aug 16 2005, 12:45 PM)
I'm not using a harness bar, I have my harness mounted directly to the fire wall. Is the harness bar the best way to go for the passenger?...

i think you'll find, if you read the fine print, that the harness bars available are harness GUIDE bars - IOW - they are not designed nor recommended for actually attaching the belts to. (i know, lots of people do it; it may be "better than nothing.")

in my cars, i just got an aftermarket seat complete with sliders, and mounted the rightside harness belts to the firewall. i think it's what i'd still recommend.

if your passenger is small of stature, you may be able to place a couple of towel-bar mounts at the top of the backpad insert without the angle to the shoulder getting too severe. i don't think it'd work with a tall person tho...
xitspd
agree.gif Aftermarket seat with a 914 slider is my choice. Through the firewall is the the correct way to mount for the shoulder straps.
GaroldShaffer
dry.gif Well then I guess she is stuck with the stock seat belt. laugh.gif

Since my car is a 1970 I really don't want to change the back pad and mount a seat, I like the look of the early interior.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.