Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mahle 914-6 replacement oil filter?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cairo94507
I was talking with Porsche parts yesterday and they told me the Mahle OC-59 oil filter (914-6) has been replaced by the PC-34 Red oil filter as the Porsche replacement. I tried calling Mahle to confirm that (I want to order 6) and the line just disconnects. Can anyone confirm that the PC-34 is correct for the 914-6? beerchug.gif
mskala
I've always used Mahle OC-61, I don't think I've ever seen OC-59, though they seem to be equivalent.
TheCabinetmaker
Mahle is now owned by a company in Chicago. Probably changed some part numbers
johnhora
Looks like the OC-61 is superseded by the OC-59

from Mahle:

Click to view attachment

https://qr.mahle.com/eu/product.xhtml?eid=99

https://www.stoddard.com/90110720309.html
sbsix
Cairo I just changed oil in my six and used a PC34 oil filter. Branded Porsche.
porschetub
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Aug 3 2023, 03:22 AM) *

I was talking with Porsche parts yesterday and they told me the Mahle OC-59 oil filter (914-6) has been replaced by the PC-34 Red oil filter as the Porsche replacement. I tried calling Mahle to confirm that (I want to order 6) and the line just disconnects. Can anyone confirm that the PC-34 is correct for the 914-6? beerchug.gif

PC 34 red filter is the original spec for 914/6 and 911 1970-71 and made by Purolator and Porsche branded, appearing they were supplied over the counter by dealers back then.
From memory the Mahle OC 61 is the same fitment but a larger filter from later 911 motor,thats would I have on my motor and my spare is the same,so thinking the OC 59 will be the same ? as John mentioned.
fixer34
I believe there was at least one thread about oil filters not long ago. One recommendation from that was WIX 51515XP which I currently have on my -6. Seems to be working fine.
Lucky9146
Mahle is now made in China.

Porsche Classic Purolator is made in Germany.
If that matters to you.

Just confirmed the above with Stoddard
driving.gif white914.jpg
Cairo94507
Thanks all. 6 PC-34 on the way. I try to avoid the China-made junk when possible. beerchug.gif
Root_Werks
OC-61 currently, didn't know about the China made thing. Sucks, I think I have a stack of OC-61's.
mlindner
I run Mahle OC54 for last three years. Mine say made in Austria. Kelly-moss recommended.
mlindner
I'll stock up if that is the issue.
mlindner
Its true, just checked at Kellymoss. All from China. Sad
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.