Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another Console Gauge Option & 914-6 GT Style Fuel
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
John made these up for me. I had a 150 911 temp gauge so we put it in a 60mm console gauge. Next up he used the stock LATE temp gauge and put the scale on. Also showing the 914-6 GT STYLE (NOT OEM) gauge made from 914 temp core, 911 fuel gauge and 1966 Saab fuel gauge with low fuel light.
FlacaProductions
Hey mark - what sender would be used with the 340-degree gauge? 200c?
914Sixer
Yes stock 200C
mepstein
John does super nice work. I thought of something similar but the console doesn’t work with my big feet.
914Sixer
Posting up John's info: jbellshome@yahoo.com Keep in mind he does COMPLETE gauge restoration ONLY.
windforfun
QUOTE(mepstein @ Aug 3 2023, 01:43 PM) *

John does super nice work. I thought of something similar but the console doesn’t work with my big feet.

Me too. Size 12 - 13 depending on the design.

beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif
Craigers17
agree.gif His work is very nice....I really like his combo gauges. Also, I hate to hijack this thread, but can someone explain to me the very un-uniform setup of the numbers and marks on our temp gauges in general?

I would THINK that the temp would rise at a fairly uniform rate(maybe that's my first mistake), but if you look at the distance between 80 and 180 vs the distance between 180 and 210 in the gauge above, it seems the distances between the marks are basically meaningless...at least incrementally speaking. The same can be said between the distances between 210 and 250 and 250 and 340. Based on the numbers and incremental distances between the two, it would be impossible to interpret what the number should be on the mark between 250 and 340. There's a good chance that I'm just a complete idiot, but can someone explain this to me?
Rusty
Beautiful work. I'm looking forward to receiving a set of gauges from Mr. Bell.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.