Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Turn Signal Switches
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rusty
DirkWright's disease... I haz it.

I was rebuilding my ignition lock this weekend and after popping off the steering wheel, I discovered this.

IPB Image

The contacts have seen better days, but it works. Still, I need to find a replacement.

The replacement turn signal switches I'm seeing for sale only have one contact. Is this two-contact switch normal for an early 73 or is this yet another DAPO special? blink.gif

P.S. Thanks to @markb and @thecabinetmaker for their wisdom on lock rebuilding. For the first time in almost 20 years, all the locks on my car are working with a single key - a NOS factory key, at that. shades.gif
914Sixer
They only make them now with one contact. Must cost to make the 2nd tang, lol. Every once in a while an OEM 2 tang shows up.
FlacaProductions
I replace a 2-tang with a 1-tang on my 74 (broken "W" spring) and all is well.
Rusty
Thanks guys. Normal supercession, then. :-)
ClayPerrine
Be careful on the aftermarket ones. Years ago,I bought a new one for Betty's car, and put it in. It had a squeak that could not be eliminated no matter what I did. And that was unacceptable to the owner.

So it is now in a box in the attic. I put a good used OEM one in and have had no problems with squeaking.
FlacaProductions
I initially had a little "rubbing" noise but a little adjustment, a good cleaning and a little light grease on the tang and it's silent and no issue with activating the horn.
windforfun
Somebody should make a solid state replacement where all you need to do is touch the top or bottom of the stick. Even with driving gloves on.

idea.gif idea.gif idea.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.