Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Factory cloth seats
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
FJ1200
Afternoon everyone,

My 1972 was from the factory a silver car. The seats look like they are a factory seat, the cushions are a med -> dark blue cloth, almost like a denim material. Has anyone seen these before and how were they marketed?

Thanks for any input

Click to view attachment
Root_Werks
Haven't seen that cloth insert before, but really like it!
FJ1200
The quality and the stitching are too good to be non-factory. The car is currently adriatic blue. When I restore the car I am really tempted to go Marathon Blue, with these seats.
Root_Werks
Would love inserts like that in my 914. I have stock vinyl which is fine, until they sit in the sun for a while and you are wearing shorts.

FJ1200
@Root Werks

Love the color, what is the actual color. I am a sucker for all things blue.
RARE 6
I'm unaware of any cloth options on early cars other than black corduroy. Our '70 -4 we bought new came with that option. We had the corduroy inserts transferred to the -6 when we purchased it new a year later via trade-in. Not so sure about later 914s though I don't recall anything different, including plaids, while we were around many cars via PCA those years.
mepstein
Looks to me like factory bolsters with aftermarket/custom made inserts. The inserts can be removed separately from the bolsters so it’s easy to make the switch. Just my opinion, not a fact.
live free & drive
Sign Of the times:

https://automotivehistory.org/amc-levi-cars-debut/

dr914@autoatlanta.com
very nice looking but NOT factory the only cloth available in the usa in 72 was corduroy and the colors were black tan or brown

QUOTE(FJ1200 @ Aug 9 2023, 10:41 AM) *

Afternoon everyone,

My 1972 was from the factory a silver car. The seats look like they are a factory seat, the cushions are a med -> dark blue cloth, almost like a denim material. Has anyone seen these before and how were they marketed?

Thanks for any input

Click to view attachment

FJ1200
So I guess that solves it. Sounds like someone had an upholstery shop recover the pads. The quality is fantastic and I actually really like the look against the Adriatic Blue the car currently wears. The other upside is the don't burn my posterior after being in the sun.

George, I have a friend with a Levi's edition CJ-7 that is immaculate. I laugh every time I look at it.
drem914
QUOTE(FJ1200 @ Aug 9 2023, 11:25 AM) *

@Root Werks

Love the color, what is the actual color. I am a sucker for all things blue.

@FJ1200 Ancona Blue and was only available 75 & 76.

@Root_Werks we could be twins, aside from the front markers.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.