Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shop Progress
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pfreiburger
The pace of my shop build-out has been pitifully slow, but the biggest impediment to progress (that thing called a job) has now been removed – I retired in July! So, next I will now concentrate on getting the insulation done so I can get the heat (and therefore plumbing) working this fall. The hoist (which was held for me for a year) was just installed as I finally got the insulation and drywall in place above the raised ceiling half of the shop. Hopefully there will be more to see soon.

Click to view attachment
tygaboy
Awesome shop and big congrats on retirement!
Rogerz33
You'll surely have plenty of time when you retire and your shop progress may speed up.
barefoot
Boy, now I've got shop envy. beerchug.gif beerchug.gif
I retired many yrs ago but still don't have a real shop

Barefoot
mlindner
Very nice, another 914er in Wisconsin. Mark
Freezin 914
QUOTE(mlindner @ Aug 11 2023, 06:15 AM) *

Very nice, another 914er in Wisconsin. Mark

agree.gif

Happy retirement! Congratulations on the shop progress!! Keep us posted! beerchug.gif
NARP74
Congrats on all the big news!
76-914
Looks terrific. beerchug.gif
mepstein
Awesome beerchug.gif
914Sixer
Looking good, lots of sheet rock, lol. popcorn[1].gif
Superhawk996
hissyfit.gif I can totally relate. Currently in the process of building my shop solo from the foundation up. Painfully slow.

Yours looks great and you’ll be there in no time. smilie_pokal.gif
FL000
I’m jealous. Next major things I want to do to my shop is insulate and drywall, and get a lift. Congrats on the retirement!
930cabman
I'm sure many of us are envious, keep us posted as you progress.
campbellcj
^ Definitely envious - I feel fortunate to have a 3-car garage, which actually holds 3 cars and a lot of crap, but there's very little remaining work space and the ceiling is too low for a car stacker or lift. If I ever retire it would be awesome to have a real barn or shop ideally fully detached from the house!
bkrantz
Very nice.

Retirement? Congrats--now get to work.

ps. Don't screw up retirement. Ask me how I know.
pfreiburger
Thanks to all for your congratulations & well wishes – very much appreciated!

Mlindner & Freezin 914: I will have to have a garage warming get together for the WI guys (northern IL is not too far either) when it gets closer to done – a driveway full of 914’s would be awesome!

914Sixer: Yep, that’s a big stack of drywall waiting for me, just for the ceiling though. The walls get something more appropriate for a shop.

bkrantz: I think I have a pretty good plan and I think I am set not to screw it up, but always open to advice. Would love to hear your story!

Cheers!
bkrantz
QUOTE(pfreiburger @ Aug 11 2023, 09:27 PM) *

Thanks to all for your congratulations & well wishes – very much appreciated!

Mlindner & Freezin 914: I will have to have a garage warming get together for the WI guys (northern IL is not too far either) when it gets closer to done – a driveway full of 914’s would be awesome!

914Sixer: Yep, that’s a big stack of drywall waiting for me, just for the ceiling though. The walls get something more appropriate for a shop.

bkrantz: I think I have a pretty good plan and I think I am set not to screw it up, but always open to advice. Would love to hear your story!

Cheers!

Mostly I could not resist offers (pleas!) to consult, and to volunteer--especially with things that lead me deeper into time and commitments. And then I agreed to help write a new edition of a college textbook.

Stick with your plan!
pfreiburger
I totally understand, as I have seen it happen to colleague’s before – they somehow became un-retired without even trying. I am pretty good at saying “no”, and very unfazed by attempts to make me feel guilty.

And of course, no one is going to ask me to do something big like write anything, so I am safe on that front too!
Cairo94507
Congratulations on your retirement and the shop progress. Very nice. beerchug.gif
windforfun
I love it. I'm green with envy.

krider.gif krider.gif krider.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.