Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NoVA/DC get-together?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
flipb
I just noticed there are a number of 914 owners nearby, many of whom I haven't met. Thinking about an informal, simple get-together in Northern Virginia.

Maybe a 914 Invasion of Katie's one Saturday morning? And/or a cruise around some good local roads?

Something that nobody has to host, and just a few hour commitment on a weekend.

Who's interested? And who am I missing?

@Cupomeat
@JmuRiz
@anderssj
@BENBRO02
@Racer
@casey944

I met a guy with a Malaga '75 at Katie's a few weeks ago, not sure if he's a member here.

I've only tagged the NoVAites above; DC/MD folks certainly would be welcome too.

If we start planning now, maybe we can do something during peak 914 season, September-ish.
JmuRiz
QUOTE(flipb @ Aug 11 2023, 05:18 AM) *

I just noticed there are a number of 914 owners nearby, many of whom I haven't met. Thinking about an informal, simple get-together in Northern Virginia.

Maybe a 914 Invasion of Katie's one Saturday morning? And/or a cruise around some good local roads?

Something that nobody has to host, and just a few hour commitment on a weekend.

Who's interested? And who am I missing?

@Cupomeat
@JmuRiz
@anderssj
@BENBRO02
@Racer
@casey944

I met a guy with a Malaga '75 at Katie's a few weeks ago, not sure if he's a member here.

I've only tagged the NoVAites above; DC/MD folks certainly would be welcome too.

If we start planning now, maybe we can do something during peak 914 season, September-ish.

Sure, I need to get out more. My 914 won't be there, that's for sure smile.gif
I can post on here when my brother's car with the PMB 2.3i is done...I can always ride along in his car biggrin.gif
IF I can drag my butt out of bed.

I could always have people over for a hang once I get some furniture refinished in my garage too.
anderssj
Good idea—I’m in MN until mid-October, so I’ll likely miss the first installment. Keep me posted!

Steve A-
DC_neun_vierzehn
Making me miss NoVA. Sounds like fun.
BENBRO02
If I’m available, I’ll show up. It would be fun to meet some more 914 owners.
DC_neun_vierzehn
What is "Katie's" BTW?
BeatNavy
QUOTE(DC_neun_vierzehn @ Aug 12 2023, 07:24 PM) *

What is "Katie's" BTW?

Cars and coffee in Great Falls.

I used to live in Sterling (Loudoun County) not far from there.

I'm no longer a NoVA guy sad.gif

But I don't have to deal with NoVA/DC traffic smile.gif
silverg
In Winchester & interested
JmuRiz
Rob, you’d have to wake up at 3am these days to make it tongue.gif

If I have a GTG at my house, it’ll be at a reasonable hour.
Maybe you and Zach could plan and join.
Racer
I might be.. Katies is always way too early for me. I've lived in the region about 20 years and never make it up to those.. guess that gives some insight into my motivation levels wink.gif
I'd like to get the 6 out this year... the usual oil leaks have been keeping it in the garage lately (see first sentence as to motivation ) sad.gif

Let me know what shakes out.

I did make it to the Chantilly Porsche 75th celebration in June given that its less than 5 miles from where I live. Even showed up in the /6 too!
flipb
OK, let's try to make this real. Here are a couple of options:

Dates
  • Saturday, Sept. 9
  • Sunday, Sept. 10
  • Saturday, Oct. 14
  • Sunday, Oct. 15

Event Options
  1. Cruise to Clifton, VA (with a stop to hang out and eat)
  2. Cruise around Arlington / Alexandria / GW parkway (with a stop to hang out and eat)
  3. Meet at a restaurant (recommendations accepted!)
  4. "Take over" an existing Cars & Coffee
  5. Other
Racer
QUOTE(flipb @ Aug 14 2023, 11:26 AM) *

OK, let's try to make this real. Here are a couple of options:

Dates
  • Saturday, Sept. 9
  • Sunday, Sept. 10
  • Saturday, Oct. 14
  • Sunday, Oct. 15
Event Options
  2. Cruise around Arlington / Alexandria / GW parkway (with a stop to hang out and eat)
  5. Other

fwiw, I know there is a Cars N Coffee at Dulles Landing, I think every week.
and for those who might be PCA members, Potomac PCA does brunch meet ups that could be "crashed" wink.gif

1. Third Saturday of the month at The Irish Inn in Glen Echo, MD from 11:00AM - 1:00 PM.
2. First Saturday of the month Firebird's Wood-Fired Grill (Gainesville)

I confess, I prefer cooler weather than what the region has been enjoying (90+) to want to drive a 50 year old car without ac.. but dont let that sway anyone
silverg
I am interested in participating but only in town the last 2 Saturdays in Sept & Oct. Others may need to meet early in the month. I see ‘Roundtop’ is the middle Sat in Sept and I would chose this GTG if those planning decided on that Sat.
OKN929
In interested in a 914 meet, sounds like a great idea. Need to get some overheating issues worked out first but hope I can make it. Anyone know a good 914 person to work on my car, I've done a lot myself but think I need an expert to help me sort out some issues.

Looking forward to it!
flipb
QUOTE(OKN929 @ Aug 14 2023, 04:19 PM) *

In interested in a 914 meet, sounds like a great idea. Need to get some overheating issues worked out first but hope I can make it. Anyone know a good 914 person to work on my car, I've done a lot myself but think I need an expert to help me sort out some issues.

Looking forward to it!

If you're in NoVA, Ray at ASG is the Potomac PCA "official" expert on the 914. He can be a little curmudgeonly and the shop is sometimes backed up with racecar projects, but this time of year it might not be too bad.

Or, if we make this get-together actually happen, maybe we could crowd-source your overheating issue...
OKN929
QUOTE(flipb @ Aug 14 2023, 04:38 PM) *

QUOTE(OKN929 @ Aug 14 2023, 04:19 PM) *

Looking forward to it!

If you're in NoVA, Ray at ASG is the Potomac PCA "official" expert on the 914. He can be a little curmudgeonly and the shop is sometimes backed up with racecar projects, but this time of year it might not be too bad.

Or, if we make this get-together actually happen, maybe we could crowd-source your overheating issue...

I'm really trying to make it out....I'm working on it every night after work and hope I can sort out some issues but would love to meet folks in the area with 914 to share some wisdom. I'm down in Fredericksburg but will make the trip if the invite is open to everyone! Let me know if you think of anyone else in the area that may be worth checking out for some work.
flipb
Bumping this to see if others want to weigh in on the plan. Locals, let me know if you have preferences among:

Dates
  • Saturday, Sept. 9
  • Sunday, Sept. 10
  • Saturday, Oct. 14
  • Sunday, Oct. 15
Event Options
  5. Other
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.