Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SoCal & San Dego TeenersCruisin Grand Escondido
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tom_T
Heads up! If SoCal & San Diego area Teeners are looking for some fun this Friday evening, then cruise on down to Escondido with your 914s.

This is the Cruisin Grand's annual Porsches & Brit/Euro cars/trucks night, so all of those are welcome at this normally pre-74 American Classics event. Some of you showed up during pre-COVID years.

It's FREE, no registration, NOT a Concours - although some mystery judges will award five awards for what they think is cool, there's lotsa Pubs & Eateries open, & a great stroll & drool event with some pretty cool classic cars.

Here's more info.:

https://www.cruisingrand.net/

https://www.cruisingrand.net/event-details-1

https://www.cruisingrand.net/calander

https://www.facebook.com/cruisingrand/

PS - No one will know if your 914 is pre-74 or 74-76 - so no worries, just come & fine the 914s parked on the side streets & try to group up if you can.

It runs every Friday eveining 4-9 pm June thru September, but most other hights are for American made `73 & earlier classics, & a fun event on all dates. The last one has street races a la Grease movie. piratenanner.gif

Sorry for the late notice, but at almost 71 I have these brain farts & half-zymers things! blink.gif

And no, my 914 still isn't finished, we're held up by problems with our home renno & the contractor walking out, so other things need to come first. shades.gif

Cheers!
Tom
///////
76-914
Dang it. I'm just now reading this at 3:30pm in Temecula Tom. Otherwise I would have made it. sad.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(76-914 @ Aug 11 2023, 02:29 PM) *

Dang it. I'm just now reading this at 3:30pm in Temecula Tom. Otherwise I would have made it. sad.gif

Sorry, but I was "in space" last week or so after a long trip & snagging a cold.

I doubt that they'll hassle you if you went down there any other Friday with your 914s for the non-Porsche/Brit/Euro cars week. I ended up parking on Grand with my `85 BMW E30 352e with crappy paint, & no bother, a few even asked what model it was.

Grand has tripled their on-street parking with angled spaces & only 2 traffic lanes now (from parallel parking & 4 lanes of traffic) since my last trip in 2019. It works much better for both display cars, & for the shops, pubs & eateries customers coming without pre-74 cars to display, & probably why they no longer hassle the outliers.

They'll post the next year's calendar at that link above sometime next Spring 2024, so you can check then. I missed last year's Porsche week because we were out of town visiting grandkids & kids, on a different month/date. So I think that the dates may move around from year to year.

There were 3-4 914 there Friday night, 1 was EV conversion, & another was a winner for 2022 awards & returning. We left before this year's awards were announced. There may have been 1-3 914s that cruised by over the evening, but didn't park to display.

Sorry no pix, since my phone battery died after my car's charger or the wire stopped charging it on the way down. sad.gif

I'll try to post when it is next year more in advance.

It's still a "drool fest" as you know, for the wide range of classics on display down there that & every friday.

PS - for us it's a 1.5 - 2 hour drive each way from Orange, so I can't do it more often, as I probably would if a local, since their schedule runs May or June thru September.

PS 2 - Traffic down there sucked on the I-5 starting at Camp Pendelton north of Oceanside due to construction south Oceanside & beyond - so I suggest an early start if you're coming from further up north, &/or try the I-15 inland route, although the SR-91 is also notoriously bad eastbound on Friday afternoons. We left Orange at 12:30 with a 1.5 hour google drive time, which had grown to 2:15 by the time we reached the Rest Area north of O'side - & we were meeting old SD area friends for Dunch/Lunner at 2:15, so we were late at 2:40 pm by the time we arrived.

Recco using Google Maps or Wayz etc for trip times, but NOT their alternate routes, which are all too often crazy & useless. Use the routes that you know.

Cheers!
Tom
///////
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.